USA Today: 7 round mock (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
13. New Orleans Saints: Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
Their pass defense is among the league’s worst, but that’s a two-way street between improving the secondary and generating a more consistent pass rush. They could go corner here, but Williams is the kind of explosive sack-master off the edge who can make an entire defensive backfield look better.

45. New Orleans Saints: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
77. New Orleans Saints: Patrick Mahomes III, QB, Texas Tech
109. New Orleans Saints: Alex Anzalone, LB, Florida
181. New Orleans Saints: Elijah McGuire, RB, UL-Lafayette
212. New Orleans Saints: Ed Paris, CB, LSU

2017 NFL mock draft: Full 7-round projection | The Draft Wire

13. New Orleans Saints: Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama
Their pass defense is among the league’s worst, but that’s a two-way street between improving the secondary and generating a more consistent pass rush. They could go corner here, but Williams is the kind of explosive sack-master off the edge who can make an entire defensive backfield look better.

45. New Orleans Saints: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
77. New Orleans Saints: Patrick Mahomes III, QB, Texas Tech
109. New Orleans Saints: Alex Anzalone, LB, Florida
181. New Orleans Saints: Elijah McGuire, RB, UL-Lafayette
212. New Orleans Saints: Ed Paris, CB, LSU

2017 NFL mock draft: Full 7-round projection | The Draft Wire

I agree that our pass rush is a big issue and has continued to go generally ignored by the FO. Even if we had a healthy Kihaka, I think we need another legitimate edge rusher in the rotation. Without Kihaka, we don't have any (I love Cam, but he is a good all-around player, not a great pass rusher).

I really do not think our CBs are that bad. We got bit with the injury bug hard at CB this year and although we survived, we also suffered. I don't think our secondary is as bad as the national pundits make us out to be. That said, if we could land a dominate CB to pair with Breaux, I would not complain. I just don't think that is a good position to focus on at the top of the draft.

No Adoree Jackson in their draft.

In this scenario I think I would want Curtis Samuel in round 2, who gets take the pick after us.

I love Pat Mahomes but I think I would go Quenton Nelson in the 3rd, who was also taken with the next pick.

Didn't see Taylor Moton in there either but I could have missed him.

Absolutely love picks 1,2 and 4.

They have it that wrong, there will be at least one player taken from either Canada or Bloomsburg State.

Switch Tim Williams with Rueben Foster and its good to me.

Please dont say "NO Way this will happen!!!"

Fact is, we dont know. And neither do these guys and it is their opinion. Every single one of the eleventy hundred mocks on the SSF last year had the Saints take an OLineman at some point. Some even had them taking multiple ones. Then we took none.

So please give the "no way we leave the draft without X position" a proverbial rest!

Oh and another note...Elijah McGuire would be an ideal fit here. He can be Sean Payton toy, slasher style RB that can line up all over the field. I would like that pick a lot.

He also has an incredible back story to him that would make him a great fit. Basically he raised his siblings in high school and blew his chance at a big time College offer. He has big time college talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom