USA vs Belgium..... (1 Viewer)

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
It is right now on ESPN......I wonder how will the US play..?..

They aren't that bad defending, and pressuring the middle of the field.But they are terrible in their transition game....no attacking concepts, no creation of any chances, how can they win playing this way?

Well, that has to be good for morale entering 2nd wave of Concacaf Qualifiers for WC. a solid 4-1 drubbing.

i assume you're not counting the gift "handball" pk?

correct.

that was a "i feel bad for you USA, so here is one to make the line look respectable" from the Ref.

Had that been a sanctioned game, that Ref wouldnt have had a game to do for a while.

The same deficiencies we've seen for the past year are still there: poor communication by the defense, players played out of position, and a chilling inability to string together intelligent passes.

Klinsi is running out of time to make us look good.

The same deficiencies we've seen for the past year are still there: poor communication by the defense, players played out of position, and a chilling inability to string together intelligent passes.

Klinsi is running out of time to make us look good.

i agree...its maddening.

Altidore...sets Eredivse on fire with 19+ goals....cant SNIFF a goal for US. Im no longer a fan of his when it comes to National squad. He HAD to have a falling out with Klinsmann. No other way to explain his absolute invisibility on this squad.

Look out. Here comes the inevitable "I told you so" post.

The US team just isn't worth their ranking. I saw part of the game and constantly said to myself that I could do better than that defense. Spectators at best.

To be honest, I really thought Klins would really change this team around. Physically. Mentally. Energetically. All I hear from players is that they don't care for his style. They don't play the physical intl style. They don't have the intl mentality. The energy level overall is far and few between. They play like a team that doesn't know who each other is.

The passing is aweful, so many give-aways. They play like rec league players. It seemed like every time a defender made a decent play he gave the ball back with his pass or tackle, no effective clearing. At every opportunity to clear the ball was to the other team. It is frustrating to watch.

You can't blame Klinsman, he has to teach from point A. These guys are still in football kindergarten playing against college players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom