Usama young Starting CB? (1 Viewer)

nolastyle

The Future Has Arrived
Reaction score
I doubt it. It takes first round corners at least a year or two to live up to their potential, a third round workout warrior may take a little more time. It would be a pleasant surprise, at least for me, if he were to start next year.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have saw nothing to make me believe that,

We have fixed many holes but cb is a glaring need we must fix.

cb is one of the first 2 picks DT/Lb the other

Furious One

I'M HAPPY ON THE INSIDE!
Reaction score
I guess the Saints must run a really tough defensive scheme. I've seen other corners picked from rounds 1 to 3 come in and start within a year. But some of them don't. So I don't know what's up. I do know that after last year and the year before, we better do something. Whether it's replace Bullocks at FS, cause he seems to be lost back there, or start a young up and comer at corner.

I'll let the coaches figure it out, cause that's what they get paid for, but I sure can't wait to see how it shakes out.

dd

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He should have been a starter last year based on the performance of the defense. At least he could have made his rookie mistakes as a rookie.

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He should have been a starter last year based on the performance of the defense. At least he could have made his rookie mistakes as a rookie.

true that

DrudkhFan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
When he has had a chance he has looked fairly good for a rookie he looked really good in the Seahawks game, I think he could start but I don't know if Payton would want him to.

schrowa

Bond. James Bond
Reaction score
When he has had a chance he has looked fairly good for a rookie he looked really good in the Seahawks game, I think he could start but I don't know if Payton would want him to.

If Usama can get the playbook through his head, then he will be okay. If you watched him on the field late in the season, he was still lining up in the wrong spots and looking lost. Some plays he looked great, others he made Jason David look great. He clearly has the speed and size to make up for mistakes, which he did, but he was clearly really raw.

DaveParks1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
he will certainly push for a starting spot...i doubt he'll get it (though he may be the starting nickel) but with a second training camp and full year, he will compete for a starting spot...

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score

I think he has the potential and I hope he proves that he is worthy of a starting job while MM recovers. We may end up with Young, Gay, David and a rookie all rotating at both positions before MM comes back.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
I doubt it. If the season started today David and Gay would be the starters, Craft would be nickel, and Young would be dime. I'm just hoping that Young can keep the dime spot when McKenzie comes back. When MM back the starters should be - McKenzie and Gay, David at nickel and either Craft or Young at dime.

Like nolastyle said it take 2-3 years for a CB to come into his own. Last year Young was developing nicely. He seemed to be responding well to increased playing time. Then he got injured....when he returned he wasn't as aggressive and was giving receivers much larger cushions. He went from playing the ball right before his injury to reading the man after. He seemed to regress. So is he ready to step up? We'll find out in TC........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom