Usama young Starting CB? (1 Viewer)

I doubt it. If the season started today David and Gay would be the starters, Craft would be nickel, and Young would be dime. I'm just hoping that Young can keep the dime spot when McKenzie comes back. When MM back the starters should be - McKenzie and Gay, David at nickel and either Craft or Young at dime.

Like nolastyle said it take 2-3 years for a CB to come into his own. Last year Young was developing nicely. He seemed to be responding well to increased playing time. Then he got injured....when he returned he wasn't as aggressive and was giving receivers much larger cushions. He went from playing the ball right before his injury to reading the man after. He seemed to regress. So is he ready to step up? We'll find out in TC........

I doubt it. It takes first round corners at least a year or two to live up to their potential, a third round workout warrior may take a little more time. It would be a pleasant surprise, at least for me, if he were to start next year.

what does that even mean? "it take a first round corner atleast a year or to, to live up to there potential".....if a guy is good enough he is good enough, you talking like its an exact science, you draft a corner, wait 2 years, then he's an all pro.....living up to your potential, is getting out there on the field, make plays, get beat, make plays, get beat again, make plays, recognize the play then don't get beat...thats how corners evolve, thats how any player evolves, that sit them until there all pro theory is silly and weird...and its probably not what you were saying, but thats the way it appears....Usama could of played last year, he is pretty aware our there on the field and has natural man vs man ability...he didn't play because he was a rookie....same with Meachem, they came to a team that appeared to be set....and of course we all found out it wasn't true...to me he is the best prospect we have at corner and has just as much talent as anybody else on the roster...its up for grabs to me, may the best man win....but using his NFL Experience to disqualify him, is silly.

I think Young is a good corner, but I don't think he's ready to be a starter right now. At this time he's a very good nickle back. I think he should be our 3rd option if he can beat out Craft. Craft looked improved last year and may have a slight edge over him due to experiece, but Young is more athletic and that can play in his favor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom