Usama Young......why all the hate SR??? (1 Viewer)

............because he's old news....people cant stick to who they like...everybody was in aggrience that he and david jones were the future at corner last year...now its a new offseason, meaning new hopes...meaning new players to pin your hopes on....to me he is still gonna be a solid player for us...i'm looking forward to him playing next year, he's fast, strong, aggresive, played the run well, I saw no indication last year that he was neither a work in progress or a waste of a 3rd rounder.

I have always liked him.

I do not understand the "he needs more seasoning" comments. If he doesn't get to play how is he going to get more seasoned?

By the way I still think it was a huge mistake to let go of Jones...for a 5th TE none-the-less.:covri:

that was his most extensive playing time all year....yeah Id go after him to if I were Andy Reid....it was late in the season and a rookie corner goes in the game who most time has been on special teams....thats a no brainer, go after the kid....I dont think any rookie corner would of faired much better after only seeing special teams for the first half of the season...when he played dime or nickle agaist the Hawks, he played well, almost came out with a pick, but then he injured his shoulder...but that Eagles game was just them getting the best of the defense because they had to play a corner who hasnt seen alot of game action, atleast not against #1 or #2 recievers.

Thank you.

I have always liked him.

I do not understand the "he needs more seasoning" comments. If he doesn't get to play how is he going to get more seasoned?

By the way I still think it was a huge mistake to let go of Jones...for a 5th TE none-the-less.:covri:

Agree on both counts. I'm trying to let the David Jones thing go... If he ends up starting somewhere else, I'm going to have to forget that he was drafted by the Saints and deny it or go crazy.

..........That David Jones thing still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, there was no point in it at all, all that guy did (5th tightend) was cash his check every week...he served no purpose.

people keep saying to address the issue of cb in the draft and FA, and then if Young works out that's a bonus. i disagree. Young is part of the addressing the issue. as a 3rd rounder last year, he should be pushing to be the nickelk back and at least the dime. We have to have some of last year's draft class start playing for us...

For all the "draft a CB guys" I'll bet Usama sees more playing time and has a better year than almost all of the CB's in this years draft.

Why not just put PT playing both ways, even if he gets lit up worse than J. David this board won't criticize him, he's golden on this sight. I for one am really excited about Young, i think he gives our secondary something to grow on in the future.

Why not just put PT playing both ways, even if he gets lit up worse than J. David this board won't criticize him, he's golden on this sight. I for one am really excited about Young, i think he gives our secondary something to grow on in the future.

Come on, not fair.

Pierre Thomas was given just one start in his career and got over 200 yards of offense.

After numerious chances given to Jason David...he is horrible.

I have always liked him.

We play alot of Dime defenses. He should get plenty of playing time if he can beat out Jason Craft. I think David is more or less set as the nickelback for at least the start of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom