Usama Young (1 Viewer)

I think he starts next year.

LCB: Young (MM Injured)
RCB: Craft ( or free agent pick up...or draft pick)
Nickle: David (or Craft or Fa pickup or draft pick)
Dime: Draft Pick (or FA pickup or David or Craft)

I think were gonna sign a corner and draft a corner (or two) and with an offseason I think Young comes prepared to push for a starting spot and with the talent already on the roster (Craft, David,) I think the competition isnt much for Young to beat.

Unless the Saints get a top notch corner in FA AND the draft, Jason David will be a starter first week of next year.

But just think of it this way -- nowhere to go but up.

Unless the Saints get a top notch corner in FA AND the draft, Jason David will be a starter first week of next year.

thats my thinkings....as bad as David was at giving up those big plays, he still made plays and thats something we lacked before he got here, the guy has a "knack" for making plays he got 3 picks and a fumble recovery for a touchdown....those are the kinda players we need to go after, guys who have the ability to make a play, size, speed and strenght should take a back seat, because if you can play, you can play.

i think he will comeback improved this year (Jason David) but I dont think we should be expecting this guy to be a shut down corner, just a solid one and thats not bad, seeing as how he has playmaking ability.

I have to cast some suspicion on our position coach over the past 2 years.

Over the past 2 years we've added Jason David, Usama Young, and Roman Harper, and of course had Josh Bullocks coming off a solid rookie season under Haslett.

Since that time not a single one of our defensive backs has made obvious progress. What's more, the errors they are making consistently seem to be basic technique errors, a Safety blowing the coverage and being in the wrong place or the CB biting on the double move or getting his shoulders turned around.

Really our best CB has been Mike McKenzie, the grizzled vet who needs the least amount of coaching. It makes you wonder if the common factor in all of this, the DB Coach, wasn't the deficient cog. At the very least a strong contributing factor.

Jason David maybe short, but it's not his height that was the problem this past year. He's got exceptionally quick feet and a real nose for the ball. He belongs on the field as a CB. And he seems like a smart guy and a hard worker. That he consistently made technique errors deep into the season....just strikes me as "wrong" somehow.

usama has the tools and with the right guidance, will be a solid if not damn good corner. i think we are looking at really getting our money's worth on his second contract...

I have to cast some suspicion on our position coach over the past 2 years.

Over the past 2 years we've added Jason David, Usama Young, and Roman Harper, and of course had Josh Bullocks coming off a solid rookie season under Haslett.

Since that time not a single one of our defensive backs has made obvious progress. What's more, the errors they are making consistently seem to be basic technique errors, a Safety blowing the coverage and being in the wrong place or the CB biting on the double move or getting his shoulders turned around.

Really our best CB has been Mike McKenzie, the grizzled vet who needs the least amount of coaching. It makes you wonder if the common factor in all of this, the DB Coach, wasn't the deficient cog. At the very least a strong contributing factor.

Jason David maybe short, but it's not his height that was the problem this past year. He's got exceptionally quick feet and a real nose for the ball. He belongs on the field as a CB. And he seems like a smart guy and a hard worker. That he consistently made technique errors deep into the season....just strikes me as "wrong" somehow.

you are 100% correct. if you look at harper, he appears to have the smarts and ability but is only performing at an average rate. this kid should at least be above average, yet he isnt getting it done either...

there must be a reason why we didnt try to keep our DB coach like we tried with Carmichael...

Last edited:

IMO, David will either start or get cut. There's no way they're paying him that kind of salary for a nickle / role player. Too much $$

Until we sign a FA, he should be the starter, so lets hope we sign someone worthy of playing in the NFL. He has all the tools, just needs time. He should start by 09.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom