USAtoday First Round Mock (1 Viewer)

Only thing I don't like is Fournette to Carolina. But I like like likes Jabrill Peppers. Lots.

Jabrill is exceptional. The challenge many scouts have expressed with him is that they do not know where he plays. Some see him as a nickel, some see him as a CB, some see him as a slot WR and so on and so forth. I know of one personnel man whose team values him strongly as a CB and would love to take him but are expected to be a playoff team. I personally think he is at best when he is allowed to be instinctive and attack. He tends to get a little flat-footed at CB. So for me he's best at RB/slot WR. But if he plays on defense, then I'd say it is best to move him around a la KV.

All this said, Peppers might be the best "football" player in the draft, maybe sans Fournette. Jourdan Lewis is actually a better defender than Jabrill but Pep is the better football player. And the thing I like is he is very driven toward greatness in a way that I have rarely seen among even the best athletes. In fact, there are times when you have to remind him to have fun because his mindset is so focused on being great. Suffice it to say, he would be an excellent pick if we did not land LF or MG.

I don't know who Trubisky is, but the media will demand we pick a qb in this draft. Some of the picks taken after Trubisky are very familiar names such as Dupri, Godchaux, Wormley, Vanderdose, Beckwidth, Dural, and Dimick, all of whom I would take over Trubisky.[/QUOTE]

I live in NC and I don't know who he is. Then again, I don' pay much attention to ACC football.

Peppers is a rare breed of athlete. You can have him in the slot and in the box. Plus he returns punts. If he's available its a no brainer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom