USMNT - The Berhalter Era (3 Viewers)

That's the move both he and Boyd are perfecting. Cutting across like that . It draws all 3 defenders in and they can find the man left open.

Zardes bought himself another game.
Altidore hasn’t been fully fit. I would expect him to start going forward, maybe saving him for the knockout rounds.

Definitely liking the aggressiveness of Arriola, McKennie, and Boyd. Take your shots men!

Also, it seems like we have this 4-1-4-1 arrangement for Bradley to a) link the defense with the midfield, relieving the pressure on them as inexperienced international players to move the ball forward and b) to play long, direct balls to the wings and Lima, as long accuracy has been a strength of his.

Then you have Pulisic, McKennie, Boyd and Arriola to play the combination games in the final third, involving Zardes occasionally.

Seems to be working so far, albeit against what is generally inferior competition.

Beating the teams we're supposed to. Panama will be a tougher test, but hopefully the momentum from past two wins keeps us trucking along.

Pulisic on another level. I like Boyd. Zardes is a liability. He’ll get eaten alive versus top 25 teams.

Beating the teams we're supposed to. Panama will be a tougher test, but hopefully the momentum from past two wins keeps us trucking along.

Pulisic on another level. I like Boyd. Zardes is a liability. He’ll get eaten alive versus top 25 teams.
I would add Bradley is as well.

I watched the Ecuador/Chile and watched Arturo Vidal. He was rarely dispossessed, and when he was, he immediately went after the ball. Bradley gives it away too easily ( see first touch of this game) and doesn't have the stamina to play defense. He looks old. He will hit a ball or two on the nose, but he is too inconsistent. But I'm guessing we dont have anyone else for that role currently so we roll with what we have. My guess it's why McKinne plays next to him.

Pulisic just has IT. He is on another level. Also seems that he brings up the others around him as well. Both Arrilola and Boyd specifically. Great play from him last night.

I watched the Ecuador/Chile and watched Arturo Vidal. He was rarely dispossessed, and when he was, he immediately went after the ball. Bradley gives it away too easily ( see first touch of this game) and doesn't have the stamina to play defense. He looks old. He will hit a ball or two on the nose, but he is too inconsistent. But I'm guessing we dont have anyone else for that role currently so we roll with what we have. My guess it's why McKinne plays next to him.

Pulisic just has IT. He is on another level. Also seems that he brings up the others around him as well. Both Arrilola and Boyd specifically. Great play from him last night.
Yeah that match seemed to go as Bradley went
First half his passes were all over (mostly too heavy)
2nd half he seemed to be on target much better
Still way too inconsistent - if T&T had a better counter, they’d have feasted in the 1st

for awhile there martinique looked like they wanted to make this a match
3rd goal was a back breaker (probably)
--- (didn't see any replays but that looked crazy offsides - i can only assume they were onsides of the passer's defender)

As I stated earlier in the thread, I haven't been a fan of Bradley since his first WC game where he only started because his Daddy was the coach. I've never seen anything to impress me.

Arriola is comparable to a what they say in football scouting reports a "High Motor Guy." He's not the flashiest or most talented, but he's relentless and always seems to get himself into a position for shots on goal.

Pulisic is probably the most talented player on the team, and is finally playing like it.

However, I think Boyd is currently a close second. His touch and ability to play balls into the middle are a revelation. Plus he plays with an edge and confidence that is much needed. I don't think that enough chemistry has been built yet with him and the rest of the players to result in the amount of goals that should have come by now. And I love how he is always looking to score. Eff setting up plays, either put the ball into the middle or take a shot!

Speaking of "Edge" McKennie is a BEAST! I love his style of play. Aggressive and ruthless. Always in the face of other players, letting them know he's coming and won't stop. It sets a tone.

It def showed that there is more chemistry when Harris and Altidore came into the game. There was an ease the front line played with that wasn't seen with Boyd and Zardes. I think the chemistry will come with Boyd, but Zardes just needs to get his head out of his arse and do more to set up plays for himself and others.

Vidal....love him....for god sakes if we had a player like that at central mid, well, maybe we would be competitive with the better teams....Great take, total agree on above especially the McKinne part....

As I stated earlier in the thread, I haven't been a fan of Bradley since his first WC game where he only started because his Daddy was the coach. I've never seen anything to impress me.

This is a bit harsh, and also untrue. He is one of the very few US players to play in the Premier League, the Bundesliga, and Serie A...in his prime he was good enough to start for Roma and he was an impactful player in a league that most US players only dream of playing in....he did not start for the US only because his Daddy was the coach, he started for the US because he was one of the best players and deserved to....Klinsman is probably the best soccer coach the US has ever had and he started for him as well....

That said, he is now clearly declining....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom