USMNT - The Berhalter Era (1 Viewer)

Let’s just say I don’t want to talk about it.

But what I do want to talk about is possibly meeting up for game 1 (US v Wales, 1pm CST Monday 11/21).

I’m in town for the week, gonna be downtown. Thinking maybe Ryan’s Irish Pub.

Oh yall gunna make me take day off huh?

Either Ryan's or Finns

Well I'm in. So just post here as we get closer.

Yeah I'm on fence about bringing Josh over Pepi.

I’m not on the fence, that is insanity….ugh….Pepi is the up and coming type players you need to start getting experience right now….Sargent‘s ceiling is not even close to Pepi’s…..development is important, its the one area that the US is really, really bad at….

I’m not on the fence, that is insanity….ugh….Pepi is the up and coming type players you need to start getting experience right now….Sargent‘s ceiling is not even close to Pepi’s…..development is important, its the one area that the US is really, really bad at….

Depends on strategy...Josh bigger/stronger bodied up top so allows us to feed, hold, allow attack to develop and feed, then it probably makes sense that it gives us multiple options to attack and opponent has to defend that option.

Pepi, while talented, hasnt filled out yet and seems a bit light and in the box/hold up play, that can be a liability.

We will see if this pays off.

Depends on strategy...Josh bigger/stronger bodied up top so allows us to feed, hold, allow attack to develop and feed, then it probably makes sense that it gives us multiple options to attack and opponent has to defend that option.

Pepi, while talented, hasnt filled out yet and seems a bit light and in the box/hold up play, that can be a liability.

I don’t think there is one National team coach from countries that are way better at coaching/developing players that wouldn’t take Pepi over Sargent right now….this is one of the reasons our coaching staffs suck….immediate results over development doesn’t work in the long term….

There is an eerie similarity between the USMNT striker pool and the Saints QB situation. Non-existent.

Sargent over Pepi is a giant mistake for the future of the program. Morris and Roldan shouldve both been left at home.

But man, the striker situation is dire at best. And Im in the minority and dont mind Haji making the cut. He wont start, but I dont mind him as a sub in a match down by 1. He is in pretty good form right now, scoring 9 goals in 12 matches. But give me Pepi and Pefok over Sargent and Morris, and that doesnt even seem debatable.

There is an eerie similarity between the USMNT striker pool and the Saints QB situation. Non-existent.

Sargent over Pepi is a giant mistake for the future of the program. Morris and Roldan shouldve both been left at home.

But man, the striker situation is dire at best. And Im in the minority and dont mind Haji making the cut. He wont start, but I dont mind him as a sub in a match down by 1. He is in pretty good form right now, scoring 9 goals in 12 matches. But give me Pepi and Pefok over Sargent and Morris, and that doesnt even seem debatable.
I don’t think there is one National team coach from countries that are way better at coaching/developing players that wouldn’t take Pepi over Sargent right now….this is one of the reasons our coaching staffs suck….immediate results over development doesn’t work in the long term….

yall get ZERO argument from me from the stand-point of development of a true striker.

I have been a vocal critic over the past decade or more, here ( and any where else US Soccer comes up ) about the inability to find, nurture, develop and field an international level striker. We dont need a 10 goal in 5 matches type - we simply need one who can finish when the moment presents itself, put pressure on back line to open up avenues for others etc.

Isn't Josh piling in goals lately? Didn't Pepi go on a drought after his hot start?

Edit- Sargent has 19 goals (edit - wrong, it's 8) at Norwich to date this season.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom