USMNT - The Berhalter Era (5 Viewers)

He's definitely been playing well lately. I was hoping he'd make the team, but a case could be made either way.

The case to keep him off is why the USMNT is the USMNT for the last 20+ years….I hope they do better than I think they will….we will see soon enough….

They don’t have another striker that is close to as instinctual as Pepi is……other coaches from soccer countries know it when they see it….ours don’t….

The case to keep him off is why the USMNT is the USMNT for the last 20+ years….I hope they do better than I think they will….we will see soon enough….

They don’t have another striker that is close to as instinctual as Pepi is……other coaches from soccer countries know it when they see it….ours don’t….
It’s really a coin flip among Pepi , Ferreira and Sargent
There are reasons to bring and leave each
Malik seems to offer something a bit different than the other 3

We also have to consider that GW has spoken with each as well as their coaches
Us fans are typically going off of clips we see off the twitters

I don't disagree, but it's hard to argue the results Pepi is getting right now. And really, it took him that long because his team wasn't utilizing him correctly for a while, which hurt him, and by extension, his chances of getting g on the team.

I don't disagree, but it's hard to argue the results Pepi is getting right now. And really, it took him that long because his team wasn't utilizing him correctly for a while, which hurt him, and by extension, his chances of getting g on the team.
But over the other two?
Sargent is scoring goals over better competition (some of which he manufactures which Pepi really isn’t doing yet)
Jesus was 18/6 last season in 30+ games (slightly better competition than Pepi’s)

But over the other two?
Sargent is scoring goals over better competition (some of which he manufactures which Pepi really isn’t doing yet)
Jesus was 18/6 last season in 30+ games (slightly better competition than Pepi’s)
True. I don't disagree and certainly see the arguments for the other players. I don't envy the guys choosing who to play.

I would be willing to bet most coaches from other countries that actually know soccer would take Pepi over those other 2 100% of the time…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom