USMNT - The Berhalter Era (4 Viewers)

Musah mckennie is the problem we need to have at every position
As many like for like swaps as we can get
The further I get from the Netherlands match, the more I feel fitness was our major issue - a fully fit team gives Holland the same problems it gave UK

I want us to argue over the starting 10 moreso than players 18-25

Next coach HAS to be someone with knockout round wins - WC would be great, but at least CL or UEFA cups
Very few of our starters were playing full 90 minutes for their clubs leading into the tournament, so fitness or lack of it makes as much sense as anything else

Very few of our starters were playing full 90 minutes for their clubs leading into the tournament, so fitness or lack of it makes as much sense as anything else
And our best player usually plays full 90 with Fulham
90 w Fulham > 20 w Chelsea
But I think moves are coming and all will be seeing the field more

And our best player usually plays full 90 with Fulham
90 w Fulham > 20 w Chelsea
But I think moves are coming and all will be seeing the field more
Saw something linking Pulisic with Bayern with Chelsea taking Kingsley Coman for him. Not sure that’s a net positive for him unless there are some guarantees on playing time or he’s a midfielder. Bayern are loaded at attacker.

Hadn’t even thought of Low - that’s very intriguing
Deschamps obviously- this is 3rd cycle can’t imagine he stays longer

Lots of familiar names actually. Not sure who would want it, some of them obviously might say "why not?" if the money is right though. I will say that if anyone who's in a position to make the decisions suggest Roy Hodgson they should be relieved of their ability to make suggestions immediately.

I’m sure there will be a big faction of ussf pushing American coaches into consideration
Jesse Marsch tops the list - I like him; he’s almost the complete inverse of greggg - but no intl tournament experience, so…

I think he certainly earned a look.

If he get the spot, he has plenty of time to evolve thru Gold Cup, Copa etc. At the end of the day, its about the system and perfecting that system amongst the 11 players. If he has the right system, right players, we should be fine.

I think he certainly earned a look.

If he get the spot, he has plenty of time to evolve thru Gold Cup, Copa etc. At the end of the day, its about the system and perfecting that system amongst the 11 players. If he has the right system, right players, we should be fine.
if USMNT ran some version of Leeds attack, it would certainly be more entertaining - in this tournament in particular (with the very short training window) i think it would have blown up - we would have beat Wales, but that might have been our only points
BUT - if he could find a more dynamic backline (maybe scally, m robinson, CCV could be that), then maybe we could open up for a more 'hair on fire' approach

if USMNT ran some version of Leeds attack, it would certainly be more entertaining - in this tournament in particular (with the very short training window) i think it would have blown up - we would have beat Wales, but that might have been our only points
BUT - if he could find a more dynamic backline (maybe scally, m robinson, CCV could be that), then maybe we could open up for a more 'hair on fire' approach

I really think thats where we need to look- solidifying that CB position. It really does allow a coach to do so many different things ( maybe dont need Adams sitting on top of the CB for added protection - he can foray forward in attack like he does at Leeds and create )

I am fine with them re-upping Berhalter, although I dont like the "striker" situation. Even if you plan on playing the wonky US false 9 (fakey 4-1-2-3 playing more like a 4-1-3-2) get a great false 9.

Nonetheless, we finished where a 10th ranked team is expected to finish. With the only truly disappointing match being the tie with Wales.

Ive heard some talk of another MLS coach (Curtin, Vanney, or Vermes). Im fine as long as we dont take a step back to old US soccer.

I am fine with them re-upping Berhalter, although I dont like the "striker" situation. Even if you plan on playing the wonky US false 9 (fakey 4-1-2-3 playing more like a 4-1-3-2) get a great false 9.

Nonetheless, we finished where a 10th ranked team is expected to finish. With the only truly disappointing match being the tie with Wales.

Ive heard some talk of another MLS coach (Curtin, Vanney, or Vermes). Im fine as long as we dont take a step back to old US soccer.
there's the whole other consideration of new format - if it's top 2 out of a group of 3, i think the strategy has to be 2 Ws
that tourney seems like it would favor offense more
i think that would be my first interview question - 'how do you manage the new group stage'
i don't think most MLS style sets us up for that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom