USMNT - The Berhalter Era (6 Viewers)

We are playing in Cincinnati and losing to Venezuela 3-0
Last match we lost to Jamaica

They said the USMNT was getting better
They lied to us
tbc I haven’t done a deep dive on the USMNT lately, but I knew all of one starter today
but 0-3 (with plenty of time) sucks no matter how you slice it

tbc I haven’t done a deep dive on the USMNT lately, but I knew all of one starter today
but 0-3 (with plenty of time) sucks no matter how you slice it
Thats just at the half

It could get way worse

It is just a freindly match though so...maybe not as dire as it looks, but

in a week they play for real, friendlies are over CONCACAAF gold cup begins

Thats just at the half

It could get way worse

It is just a freindly match though so...maybe not as dire as it looks, but

in a week they play for real, friendlies are over CONCACAAF gold cup begins
That play where 2 dudes miss point blank shots from the same pass
Ouch

soccer united marketing

well i just read a handful of articles about them.

interesting. Would explain the naming of Berhalter to USMNT coach. And the massive influx of MLS players that have no business on the USMNT.

well i just read a handful of articles about them.

interesting. Would explain the naming of Berhalter to USMNT coach. And the massive influx of MLS players that have no business on the USMNT.
bleed has been ringing this bell for awhile and it makes sense what he says
I would have known nothing about it until he pointed it out

The game yesterday vs Venezuela was horrible to try to watch. I watched some of the first half, but never tuned back in for the 2nd half. ugly ugly soccer

The United States Women's National Team has scored 13 World Cup goals today. The United States Men's National Team has scored 13 World Cup goals in the past 6,202 days.

The USMNT has scored 13 goals altogether since 10/6/17

Edit: somebody else on another forum has a different number and date

"Did some quick research: the US Men have scored 13 goals in their last 14 matches, dating back to June 2 of last year."

Last edited:
bleed has been ringing this bell for awhile and it makes sense what he says
I would have known nothing about it until he pointed it out

I'll be watching too, until I can't stand to any longer...bleed is spot on, and really it is a symptom of US soccer from a broad perspective. The US youth system is screwed up beyond repair due to the almighty dollar....Forget the competition with other sports, I really believe the larger issue is that the best players in the US never get the chance to be on the USMNT....

I'm sure you guys know the story of Clint Dempsey (arguably the best US player, certainly in modern times) but his parents were too poor to pay for and get him to his travel team's practices and games....the other parents on the team did this for him. Were it not for their generosity, he would have never got the exposure to play professional soccer and certainly would not have had a chance at the USMNT.

I managed my son's NCSL team for a few years, It is at least my experience that money drives who plays on most of the youth teams, on some of them the parents and coaches allocate "scholarship" money for some players who otherwise couldn't afford to play. There were 2 kids on my son's travel teams who got college scholarships and were the first in their families to go to and graduate...

There are a number of kids who are on travel teams that will never see the field, aren't really happy to be there but are there to please their parents who are in turn happy to pay thousands to keep them on the team....

Parents are the biggest problem in youth soccer, they can also be the solution, if attitudes change....until they do I think we are doomed as a soccer power....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom