USMNT - The Berhalter Era (2 Viewers)

Ref lost control in first for sure.

US MUST do a better job vs Mexico. The mids will HAVE to make the first defender miss for Mexico. If we attempt to slow-build, the attacking press by Mexico will really hamper us. The way to defeat them is to make that first attacking defender miss, which instantly draws a second, but breaks down the mexico defense so there is an open winger. We were just waaaaay to tentative until Hoppe/LLeget decided it was time to start penetrating and drawing defenders. ( hoppe simply held ball too long on a few of his forays )
Acosta seems entirely too passive for me in both Jamaica and Qatar matches. I understand the controlling possession game, but at some point, a mistake will be made and good teams will make you pay.
Gritty play by the US. The subs brought a different dimension with fresh legs and unsettled Qatar. They lost shape and we were able to capitalize.

But we are back to square 1 with the search for a #9. As much work as Zardes puts in, he isnt it. Dike experiment, while fun, showed he has much to learn to be effective #9. First touch is absolutely critical and he doesnt not have a consistent one. Hopefully Sargent is the guy, but i havent seen much from him with USMNT to even begin to think he can be that guy.
Acosta kills me. I think if there’s one guy I want to see more consistency from, it’s him. It seems like he’s really good in that holding midfielder role and always willing to step in for a tackle or make a necessary foul. And he had that beautiful volley shot that just didn’t dip enough. But then I see what look like unnecessary fouls and inaccurate passes.

Interesting that they just played a final like 2 months ago, but I don’t know if any players will play in both (esp with Mexico in the Olympics also)

Spirited play I thought - they kept composure in defense and broke strongly on the counter when they had the chance. A shame Arriola missed that.

They said it’s eight players for Mexico that were on the nations league final roster - and seven started tonight, versus three for the US on the roster and one starter.

How the ******************** do you miss that!?!?!?!
Those will haunt you. That and his last one. Gotta put on goal.

Outside that we are playing hard. I didn't realize Mexico has 8 starters from June loss on field. They really want to avenge that loss.

Turner imo has played himself onto the WCQ squad and pushing for start vs Stefan. His play has been stellar this entire tourney.

We miss that player (cp) that can recieve and turn on the ball and make the first defender miss to break Mexico down. But we are battling hard and giving them all they want.

Spirited play I thought - they kept composure in defense and broke strongly on the counter when they had the chance. A shame Arriola missed that.

They said it’s eight players for Mexico that were on the nations league final roster - and seven started tonight, versus three for the US on the roster and one starter.
Well fought
The 25’ passes on the ground that Mexico keeps making are driving me a bit batty, but if we can tighten up the mids we can take this

Well fought
The 25’ passes on the ground that Mexico keeps making are driving me a bit batty, but if we can tighten up the mids we can take this
We can't when pressing.
The player coming to recieve coming from front. A back line defender would have to come and if they miss, the break is on. So we will allow that, retreat and set up on d.

I think we can steal a goal, but not sure where it will come from. We will have some chances here. Mexico want this bad. So we may catch em out of shape a few times but have to finish.

It's a great game so far from an excitement stand point.

Ohhhhhhh dayum

That's one dangit just missed the foot of Lleget

Sands is hot garbage. He is doing his best Tim Ream impression

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom