USMNT - The Berhalter Era (2 Viewers)

playing mexico (really jamaiica too), i would like to have some bigger body 9s for the last 20'

Pepi has the ability to move well off the ball.

Bigger bodied players will always have defenders defend by "contact" in that they will tend to feel the player. And the player doesnt mind since he will attempt to out-muscle.

Pepi is silky off the ball. Defenders cant simply back into him and he remain there- he likes to move. And his movement inside the 18 is what puts him in positions to score.

Mexico doesnt have overpowering defenders, more technical so they wont lose him like Jamaican defenders might. ( see that first goal v Jamaica )

Pepi has the ability to move well off the ball.

Bigger bodied players will always have defenders defend by "contact" in that they will tend to feel the player. And the player doesnt mind since he will attempt to out-muscle.

Pepi is silky off the ball. Defenders cant simply back into him and he remain there- he likes to move. And his movement inside the 18 is what puts him in positions to score.

Mexico doesnt have overpowering defenders, more technical so they wont lose him like Jamaican defenders might. ( see that first goal v Jamaica )
but i don't expect Pepi to play the full 180 - who spells Pepi?

i want Weah and CP as the forwards with Pepi up top
yeah i think formation will dictate who spells who.

CP needs to float for sure. But we CANNOT get bogged down "forcing" play thru CP. I think that will be a challenge. Esp Mexico...they will make it a point, defensively, to NOT allow CP much time on the ball.

yeah i think formation will dictate who spells who.

CP needs to float for sure. But we CANNOT get bogged down "forcing" play thru CP. I think that will be a challenge. Esp Mexico...they will make it a point, defensively, to NOT allow CP much time on the ball.
indeed
and i think this time we have strong enough mids who can both pass and dribble their way through so CP doesn't have to come get the ball like he was having to do last few matches

Yeah, I was wondering whether he was a lefty. If he usually does right, then that kick is that much more difficult.
The slice off the ball suggests his natural foot is righty. But at that level of play I don't think there is significant difference.

What in the world?

Wow way too young to have a hamstring injury that sidelines you for several months. Wonder what they found? Complete tear?

Well just read had a "procedure setback" and there is tendon and nerve damage.

So had some sort of procedure that either found additional damage or caused it.

Wow.

2 windows left. Late Jan and late March. Hope he available by at least then. But at same time make sure the kid is 100% ready to return.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom