N/S Utah State qb, Jordan Love, declares early (1 Viewer)

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

I know we have a lot of other things to talk about other than 2020 draft prospects, however, I thought this might be a topic worthy of discussion. This guy would "most likely" be there in the later 1st round. From what I've read on him, he has good size and ability. Of course, he would benefit from being groomed for a year or two before he's ready to take over.
I know the Saints could really use another WR, but I think QB should be a top priority as well.
Thoughts?

A really deep class for QBs for sure. The opportunity is there to draft one if they choose to. This year’s draft should tell us a lot about where we feel we are with the future of the position.

At first I thought this was the kid from Utah (Huntley) and I was gonna scoff.

But I haven't seen enough of Love this year to have a strong opinion.

Here's a nice read about what makes up a good qb draft prospect. In addition to good size, Love has great mechanics, which is something that seems to be "effortless" to him.
From what I've read about him, he has the tools to be a starter in the NFL, but may need a year or two of "seasoning."

He can sling it. Great arm and he’s only just turned 21.

Better than Fromm

Maybe, I don't know enough about Love either. That said, Fromm is an excellent pro prospect Imo. I think he'll do really well in a pro, or Payton style offense. He can make all of the throws and is solid in the measurables. His ability to read defenses and throw under pressure has me wondering. I don't know if we should be looking at Fromm, but I think he'll do well given the right opportunity.

Someone had a mock the other day with us taking Love in the first round.

He had a terrific year last season but down year in 2019.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom