Utrecht to study basic income (1 Viewer)

Below is a link to more info. It will be small scale experiment designed to find out if one group of welfare recipients is given basic income will apply less effort at finding a job than a group not getting the extra income. It seems that they will know they are part of the experiment which will alter behavior. The end result will be "surprising" and the results held up high as proof basic wages will work.

http://qz.com/437088/utrecht-will-give-money-for-free-to-its-citizens-will-it-make-them-lazier/

Finland plans to give every citizen a basic income of 800 euros a month - Quartz

Finland set to go all in. This should be interesting at least.

It sounds far-fetched, but it’s looking likely that Finland will carry through with the idea. Whereas several Dutch cities will introduce basic income next year and Switzerland is holding a referendum on the subject, there is strongest political and public support for the idea in Finland.
A poll commissioned by the government agency planning the proposal, the Finnish Social Insurance Institution or KELA, showed that 69% support (link in Finnish) a basic income plan. Prime minister Juha Sipilä is in favor of the idea and he’s backed by most of the major political parties. “For me, a basic income means simplifying the social security system,” he says.
But for those outside Finland, the plan raises two obvious questions: Why is this a good idea, and how will it work?

Finland could scrap all existing benefits and instead hand out a monthly stipend to everyone. According to some reports, the monthly payment could be €800 ($870).

I like it. Everybody gets a check for the same amount and all other support programs are cancelled. I could take my 900 bucks and go buy me something nice!

I like it. Everybody gets a check for the same amount and all other support programs are cancelled. I could take my 900 bucks and go buy me something nice!

OR, you would have the freedom to try a new business or go back to school and further your education in order to advance at work. Or maybe your wife could choose to stay home and care for your children that way instead of being forced to work outside the home. Or, maybe a young married couple will realize that they can now afford to expand their family. Any number of good things can come of this.

Don't several OPEC member nations do this same thing, only on a higher scale?

OR, you would have the freedom to try a new business or go back to school and further your education in order to advance at work. Or maybe your wife could choose to stay home and care for your children that way instead of being forced to work outside the home. Or, maybe a young married couple will realize that they can now afford to expand their family. Any number of good things can come of this.

Shoot, I forgot about my wife, that is another 900 bucks!!!

free-money.jpg

I would have thought this thread would have had more responses.

Elon Musk is in...

https://www.minds.com/blog/view/652668975196413955

"People will have time to do other things and more complex things, more interesting things," said Musk. "[They will] certainly have more leisure time."

And maybe that is what we need; more free time to figure out the solutions to the problems we're facing. An overburdened and debted majority of people has gotten us into a quagmire of ****** off and tired humanity. If we were to pass off the crap jobs to machines and let our creativity flourish, there are no bounds to which our intellect would blossom.

Musk believes that "there's a pretty good chance we end up with a universal basic income," gauging what other options there are.

They need to spool up the robots to do all the work first. Then this makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom