utterly whelmed by A-rod's 'retirement' (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i don't know if there's another athlete that i have no feelings about one way or the other - don't love or hate him
don't really like or dislike him

meh

i don't know if there's another athlete that i have no feelings about one way or the other - don't love or hate him
don't really like or dislike him

meh

I simply don't care. Of course, I feel that way about baseball in general.

I feel the same way - I don't hate him (except to the extent that I hate every Yankee) and I don't like him.

And there is no doubt that he is already trying to sign on with another team. But I doubt anyone takes him.

personally, i liked a-rod. his personality, not so much. as a player, talent like his does not come often. one of the best shortstops of this past era and it wasn't even the position he played the last 12 years. he had a little bit of peytonitis during the post season at times, but like peyton, dynamic in the regular season. i would not be surprised to see a team snatch him for next season, if anything for publicity, especially if its a team rebuilding without a shot next year. he wants those 4 homeruns.

my hatred for the yankees will carry on!

The natural fit would be the Marlins - but I just doubt it ever happens.

Utterly whelmed? What does that even mean?

Utterly whelmed? What does that even mean?

I was wondering the same thing, so I've done some research on this. It's like ya know, "overwhelmed" but forget the "over" part, and then it involves cow nipples too, but that gets a bit technical and not sure if it'd even be appropriate for tos. If you really want me to get into details I can, but i'd have to start talking about obsessing over bovine milk production. But haven't figured out how this is related to a-rod.

Kidding, what he meant was "underwhelmed" I think, given the context.

It's perfect for what he is saying. He isn't overwhelmed and he isn't underwhelmed. He's just whelmed. LOLOL. Basically, he is just apathetic about all things A-Rod Retirement related.

Well actually that doesn't quite make sense. I mean if you take a look at the meaning of English words and all.

So utterly means like totally and absolutely, then whelmed means that you're engulfed or submerged in something. Put the two together and then you have the exact opposite of what the OP explained. "Underwhelmed" is what he meant.

I just think it's so odd to get "not helpful" for just explaining the English language to people and trying to answer a question that was asked on this very thread. I guess some folks have delicate feelings? I was kinda confused about the thread title, just like another poster :)

Well actually that doesn't quite make sense. I mean if you take a look at the meaning of English words and all.

So utterly means like totally and absolutely, then whelmed means that you're engulfed or submerged in something. Put the two together and then you have the exact opposite of what the OP explained. "Underwhelmed" is what he meant.

Kinda like slim chance and fat chance means the same thing ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom