Vacarro / Reid and other draft thoughts (2 Viewers)

nawlinsman77

Oblivion Rules
Reaction score
So for everyone who thinks that possibly "Johnny" Vacarro was the wrong safety chosen when the 49ers trade up soon after to take Reid, here are my two cents.

I think it simply shows that the 49ers really wanted a safety after losing Gholdson and viewed Reid as a good one. However, they probably feared another team in between 15 and 31 grabbing him, so they simply used their bazillion picks to make it happen.

My other thoughts: With the Saints showing a propensity seemingly every year to trade away picks to move up in the draft, why don't we pull a Patriots? By that I mean, slowly over a year or three actively give away some picks, in exchange for more picks next year. Obviously, despite our trend to be pretty active in Free Agency, we still value the draft tremendously, and aggressively pursue certain players like a punter, or trade two 4ths for one 3rd to get a player we didn't think would be there 30 picks later.

So if we are that desperate to get certain players, why not trade a few in 2014 for some in 2015 to give us options. Would you be ok if they got rid of say a 3rd and a 5th next year, for an extra 2nd and 4th in 2015, that kinda thing?

The Johnny V name was a joke from anther thread, apparently you must of missed it :p

I like our draft overall and don't "scout" players or pretend to know much about them myself. I just think we obviously target players and give up picks to get them, so I thought wouldn't it be nice if we tried getting extra picks for once, that's all.

Finally,we scaped a draft with all of our draft picks from next.

The only critic that I have with the current administration is to have more patience during draft time: let the draft come to you.

I don't have a problem with an occasional movement, but are very trigger happy giving away picks. I hope we don't do that this offseason like we did for Rudd.

Maybe we should start a betting pool on how long it will take until we give away one of our 2014 picks lol.

Why would we draft a punter? We have Thomas "freakin" Morstead.

That was my point. IIRC we traded up for Morestead, and at the time, it was quite a shocker. All I could think of was the past Saints draft screw ups, at least that one has worked out wonderfully.

Why would we draft a punter? We have Thomas "freakin" Morstead.

...and he is the best, but I sure wish LSU's Brad Wing would have come through the draft a few years from now when Morstead gets ready to hang up his cleats....he would be the perfect replacement.

...and he is the best, but I sure wish LSU's Brad Wing would have come through the draft a few years from now when Morstead gets ready to hang up his cleats....he would be the perfect replacement.

Ha, a few years from now? Morstead is only 27. Punters play until they're like 80 :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom