Vaccaro calling out teammates in the locker room (1 Viewer)

I heard the KV interview. He mentioned that Monday they will come in and be cussed out as usual, watch film with the film showing same guys making the same mistakes over and over. I guess the cussing out would be from D. Allen and probably mostly by Joe Vitt.

Sean Payton apparently was going to give players off last Monday and it was KV who said no, That everyone needs to come in to watch film, so that off day was canceled. Why was it KV who stepped up to say no to having the off day? Should this of been one of the Team Captains that made that decision?

KV is not even voted on by the players to be a team captain, But he seems to be projecting himself in that role. This to me, is one screwed up locker room where you have a Non-captain making decisions for the team. This can not play well with the team behind closed doors.

The major problems starts at the top with Loomis and trickles all the way through the scouting dept to the entire coaching staff. Their entire Defensive philosophy since Payton has been coach for the Saints is applying a Band-Aide approach to Defense by signing washed up Vets, Players with History of Injury problems and basically street FA's and putting all their eggs in a basket on Offense. I see nothing changing with this regime.

I heard the KV interview. He mentioned that Monday they will come in and be cussed out as usual, watch film with the film showing same guys making the same mistakes over and over. I guess the cussing out would be from D. Allen and probably mostly by Joe Vitt.

Sean Payton apparently was going to give players off last Monday and it was KV who said no, That everyone needs to come in to watch film, so that off day was canceled. Why was it KV who stepped up to say no to having the off day? Should this of been one of the Team Captains that made that decision?

KV is not even voted on by the players to be a team captain, But he seems to be projecting himself in that role. This to me, is one screwed up locker room where you have a Non-captain making decisions for the team. This can not play well with the team behind closed doors.

The major problems starts at the top with Loomis and trickles all the way through the scouting dept to the entire coaching staff. Their entire Defensive philosophy since Payton has been coach for the Saints is applying a Band-Aide approach to Defense by signing washed up Vets, Players with History of Injury problems and basically street FA's and putting all their eggs in a basket on Offense. I see nothing changing with this regime.
Well if KV is willing to do the work then maybe he should be a team captain?:idunno: That team captain crap is overrated anyway, it's just a popularity contest really. I mean Junior G was a Team Captain after all lol:covri:

Well, I like KV but he keeps talking like that and he will find himself in Miami with another Kenny....just sayin. That's how SP seems to work.:scratch:

I guess the Byrd supporters are getting harder and harder to find these days, huh?:covri:

lol pretty much how it works. Can't call it like it is, you have to always have your "rosy glasses" on.

Well if KV is willing to do the work then maybe he should be a team captain?:idunno: That team captain crap is overrated anyway, it's just a popularity contest really. I mean Junior G was a Team Captain after all lol:covri:

Had a bad day? Or are you always this cheerful?

eaaa5d2f6a8209173226943d372f842b5a3609adb95e74e9cdbfade3ea48a432.jpg

IMO I feel our problems is our DE can't set edge or put pressure on QB which puts to much on backfield. Jordan is who I think he's referring.

If you just home in on Byrd and watch him for a few series, you will see him arm tackle and flop or completely whiff or just flop period. He will not lower a shoulder and drive through an oncoming runner. He is afraid of real contact imho.

unfortunately this defense won't be any good until Payton completely removes himself from any association with it.

they were talking on the radio, from various lockerroom "sources" how CSP is a great coach, but just has absolutely NO IDEA what the heck defense is. He doesn't understand any of it. At all. Period.

It is extremely weird for a HC to have nothing to do with half of the team, but if CSP wants to be successful in NO, he will make a good defensive hire of somebody that HE DOESN'T KNOW. Let them hire THEIR OWN STAFF. And just stay completely out of it.

EDIT
We had that opportunity this offseason with Mike Pettine for DC and Karl Dunbar for DL. But unfortunately half of that ship has sailed

I'm afraid this is the reality of the situation.

unfortunately this defense won't be any good until Payton completely removes himself from any association with it.

they were talking on the radio, from various lockerroom "sources" how CSP is a great coach, but just has absolutely NO IDEA what the heck defense is. He doesn't understand any of it. At all. Period.

It is extremely weird for a HC to have nothing to do with half of the team, but if CSP wants to be successful in NO, he will make a good defensive hire of somebody that HE DOESN'T KNOW. Let them hire THEIR OWN STAFF. And just stay completely out of it.

EDIT
We had that opportunity this offseason with Mike Pettine for DC and Karl Dunbar for DL. But unfortunately half of that ship has sailed

Sounds about right to me but what is your source? What station? A local or national show? Who was actually reporting on the sources?

If it wasn't close then how come one official threw the flag. Nice try ACE but you are way off.

I just looked up KV's stats for his career.

He now has 3 forced fumbles and 3 interceptions total in 4 years. Yet some of you act like he should get a huge extension. He never makes a game changing play ever. Last year he didn't have one interception so he has now played 25 games in a row without an interception.

Byrd is under performing but so is KV.

not sure if you listened to the game on the radio but the tv broadcasters explained why it wasn't a penalty. something like because there wasn't a vicious attempt to bring down the qb it isn't a foul. If he would have went in with his shoulder it would have been a foul. But because he wrapped his arm around his leg it wasn't considered a penalty. That is why the official was overruled.

EDIT

Those talking heads were a bit over-the-top in their assessment. Payton's strong suit is obviously offense, but he has to understand defenses and how they work to game plan against them. Same goes for a defensive minded head coach having to know offensive schemes and structures. I know I'll get hammered for this because the defense has been horrible for years, but this isn't the year judge the defense. At least, not yet. The jury is still out on DA, but in fairness to him, we need to see how they play with a reasonable amount of healthy starters as well as the younger gaining some NFL experience. The second half of the season should be a better gauge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom