Vaccaro Impresses (1 Viewer)

the combo of M.Jenkins IAQ and Vaccaro will eventually take over most of the passing D duties, hopefully. The more I see Harper on the bench in passing situations the better off I think we are.

For the worse defense ever. How many playoff games does he have to blow for people to come around.

He also started for the only saints defense to win a super bowl

With your argument, we should cut everyone that started last year. Why keep their backups too? If they can't beat out the starters, they must be really bad

So wht did you think of Vaccaro @ Canton?

Think he could push to be the starter by Week 1?

So wht did you think of Vaccaro @ Canton?

Think he could push to be the starter by Week 1?

Vaccaro looked great. I don't think he will start this season at all

That doesn't mean he isn't good though.

Vaccaros reaction time was outstanding for a rookie. One specific play, vaccaro had deep responsibilities but was still the first one to make contact with the running back on a run up the middle.

Jenkins is way more athletic, quick, fast and versatile than Harper. He can cover in the slot. Not sold on him as a FS but he can cover the slot.

He also started for the only saints defense to win a super bowl

With your argument, we should cut everyone that started last year. Why keep their backups too? If they can't beat out the starters, they must be really bad

He is the weak link and it's not close. I will admit that GW ruined him but Harper simply can't cover and a SS has to be able to cover.

If we use your argument he will play forever because of 2009.

Vaccaro looked great. I don't think he will start this season at all

That doesn't mean he isn't good though.

Vaccaros reaction time was outstanding for a rookie. One specific play, vaccaro had deep responsibilities but was still the first one to make contact with the running back on a run up the middle.

I'm torn between wanting him to start because of what he offers but also knowing that Harper isn't a pushover as a veteran and doesn't really NEED to be replaced.

I kind of see Vaccaro used how we planned to use Hicks b4 coleman went down. Likely as a chess piece that lines up all over the place in different formations.

Yet the otherside of me sees him as an upgrade@ the SS and Roman should be the guy used in specific packages that cover up his weaknesses while accentuating his strengths.

Vaccaro also accurately read a few plays pre-snap. He crept close to the LOS on a few runs that happend to be headed where he was going. It was definitely nice to see although u see the same from Harper on some plays.

What i was really impressed by was the fact that the kid is an absolute blur on the field. HE literally looks like an eraser in motion cleaning up any mishaps. Once he gets his angles down i think the defense needs to be built around him playing sort of a rover role@ SS

I'm torn between wanting him to start because of what he offers but also knowing that Harper isn't a pushover as a veteran and doesn't really NEED to be replaced.

I kind of see Vaccaro used how we planned to use Hicks b4 coleman went down. Likely as a chess piece that lines up all over the place in different formations.

Yet the otherside of me sees him as an upgrade@ the SS and Roman should be the guy used in specific packages that cover up his weaknesses while accentuating his strengths.

I kind of feel similar

I think Harper is a good safety

Having said that, vaccaro can be outstanding

I think vaccaro will play limited duty and will be eased in until the end of the year

What we do with Jenkins after the season will tell us what the future holds for vaccaro

The only thing that factored into THAT post was Roll Tide!

Bad Danneaux :scratch:

Ha....I was wondering that too. If Harper had gone to LSU, would he always be defending him?

I do like seeing Harper blitz though.

Vaccaro will be a great safety but I don't think he gets the nod over Harper. Also, I think we let Jenkins walk next season and we cut Quddus this season.

Actually it should be Vacarro and Jenkins. Harper should be where Will Smith is and Will Smith should be where I am. On a computer reading a Saints forum.

I noticed Harper playing the LB spot a couple of times and covering the hook curl zone. Did anyone else see this? I would love to see all 3 on the field at times with Harper playing as a LB more often and blitzing out of that spot. Harper is a below average coverage safety but in certain sets can be an outstanding cover guy from a LB standpoint and blitz with the best of them. People need to realize Jenkins has played safety for 2 seasons and in each were completely different schemes. I think with a good pass rush and Vaccaro next to him we have 2 pro bowl caliber safeties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom