Vaccaro - The SS who can cover (1 Viewer)

I am still i deep therapy over losing to San Fran 2 years ago when we had the best team in football... I can't get out of my mind our safety running 3 yards behind the TE when they were 67 yards away from the end zone. We needed to upgrade at safety... We did... end of my analysis...

Now I will go back to reading the experts on this board.........

The day of having a strong safety is gone. With the new rules, there's no need to have a guy that will come up and take somebody's head off...because a penalty will be thrown. You pretty much need two FS's with ball skills back there.

I say again ther isn't one safety in the nfl that can cover a decent pass catcher one on one.

I really liked and agreed with everything you said except this one statement...

He's 218 pounds... That's not small for a SS.... Harper is only 200 lbs...

He's plenty big and physical enough to play "in the box" SS

The dude is a complete safety....

Oh, thanks for the correction. I thought he was a bit taller, thus leaner than Harper. I didn't realize he's bigger than Harper. The NECK threw me off. haha.

Oh, thanks for the correction. I thought he was a bit taller, thus leaner than Harper. I didn't realize he's bigger than Harper. The NECK threw me off. haha.

Lol... I really found your post astute and insightful about the changing nfl... When I read stuff like that, I appreciate opinions more even if they differ from mine because I know there was informative thought behind it....

Well done sir...

From what I've seen of him he has better instincts than Harper. That's something that you wake up with every morning. It is tough to teach or coach instinct. It's like Vacarro knows what's coming and recognizes it really quickly

I love the neck and what he's done for the Black and Gold but Vacarro is obviously a heads up more intelligent player.

We'll know a lot more about him after we play the Falcons. Tony Gonzalez wishes he would have played his entire career against the Saints.

Lol... I really found your post astute and insightful about the changing nfl... When I read stuff like that, I appreciate opinions more even if they differ from mine because I know there was informative thought behind it....

Well done sir...

Thanks. It was just a random thought. I can be completely wrong, but it makes sense to me. And you can see teams looking at the issue in different ways. I'm sure the teams that are drafting taller CB's are also looking at the Nickle down (as well as stopping those tall WR's). They are sacrificing some speed for the ability to compete with those jump balls.

If Vaccarro is covering an NFL slot receiver, we've lost the play from the outset.

I'm hopeful that with his size and athleticism he can do a decent job on tight ends, at least coming out of the three point stance on the LOS. That's a huge and necessary upgrade over Harper. But lets not get silly here. He shouldn't and won't be covering Tavon Austin or Wes Welker or Percy Harvin.

Wow... i expected better coming from you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When I watch Vaccaro in press man coverage, he reminds me of Nnamdi Asomugha. He's not the fastest (neither is Nnamdi) and he doesn't get many picks (neither does Nnamdi), but what he does is box the WR out with strength and quickness. WRs have a hard time getting off the line against him. (Just like Nnamdi).

This is Rob Ryan's guy. Just like Nnamdi!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When I watch Vaccaro in press man coverage, he reminds me of Nnamdi Asomugha. He's not the fastest (neither is Nnamdi) and he doesn't get many picks (neither does Nnamdi), but what he does is box the WR out with strength and quickness. WRs have a hard time getting off the line against him. (Just like Nnamdi).

This is Rob Ryan's guy. Just like Nnamdi!
He has drawn a lot of Charles Woodson comparisons.

Vaccaro provides us with the depth needed to get Malcom Jenkins back to his original position, corner back. That in itself is awesome....

He has drawn a lot of Charles Woodson comparisons.

Thats crazy cuz everytime i watched KV thats who i saw, charles woodson, great man safety who also excels as a nickel CB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom