Vaccaro vs Eric Reid (1 Viewer)

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I found this article which compares Vaccaro with the niners pick Eric Reid. Good stuff. We will need this article for when the Niner trolls come to this board saying that they got the better safety. This article says otherwise. They are both good players, but Vaccaro has the edge.

IDP Rookie Spotlight Series: Kenny Vaccaro vs Eric Reid | Dynasty Football Warehouse

Overall - The edge goes to Kenny. Just like in the show “Kenny vs Spenny”, Kenny usually comes out on top. Even if an argument can be made for his noble opponent.

Comparison - Both players project to be hard hitting safeties who could technically play either safety position. Since neither of them have put up elite interception numbers, I can’t say they remind me of an Ed Reed. The obvious comparisons are LaRon Landry or Eric Weddle or maybe even Bernard Pollard. But in terms of overall talent and potential they do remind me a bit of Eric Berry. Not because of the big play ability in the interception and return game but mainly in how they’re both capable in coverage.

Harbaugh and those smug Niners conveniently say that they got the best safety in the draft. I call hogwash. If this was true, then they would pretty much be the only people in the country who had Reid graded higher than Vaccaro.

Just admit it Niners, we got what you wanted and there is nothing you can do about it. Enjoy your 2nd best safety that you traded up for, suckers :9:

As an LSU fan, Eric Reid is not a very good safety. He can not cover, hi misses tackles, and he would rather go for the highlight hit than actually wrap up ball carrier. Eric Reid is Tebucky Jones of this draft.

No doubt Vaccaro is a better player than Ried. Ried will get some outstanding coaching with the 9ers though, so we'll see how he develops.

I'm a Tigers fan but not a big fan of Reid. He made one great play in the game two years ago against Alabama in Tuscaloosa, but other than that, what has he really done? He's out of position too often and doesn't make a lot of impact plays. I like his size, but that's about it. I'm going to be honest and say I don't know a whole lot about Vaccaro other than that all the draft analysts had him rated as the top safety in the draft. Payton and Loomis haven't done a good job drafting DBs, but they probably got this one right. I certainly hope so for our sake.

I don't know vaccarro. I've seen Reid play a lot. Reid will be a roman harper type safety. Good in certain schemes exposed in others. IMO he isn't a good fit for the 9ers. He is too much of a box safety. Gohlston was more of a free safety.

LSU homer here, but Mingo and Reid were two huge disappointments this year. Great people, though.

Well...as talented as the Niners are, they are going to start taking huge steps backwards if they keep whiffing on their 1st round picks....heck, i cant even remember their WR pick last year that i dont even think wore a uniform on game day.

AJ Jenkins was it?

You can't compare Reid to Harper. Reid is one of the best athletes in this draft, while Harper is about as athletic as an offensive lineman. You couldn't pick a better team for Reid to go to. If he can't be a Pro Bowl caliber player in SF, I will be shocked. Dashon Goldson went to a Pro Bowl and made a lot of money off of being the same type of player that Reid is. Goldson's job was to lay the wood, something Reid can definitely do. I agree that Reid is not great in coverage at this point, but his athleticism makes it possible for him to be coached up imo. Having the pass rushers they do, I can't imagine him having to cover deep balls THAT often anyway.

I'll take Vaccaro over Reid any day of the week.

I think 49ers made a good value move, that being said. Vaccaro at 15 isn't as good of a value as Reid at where Niners got him, imo. I think they're both going to be productive ten year type of players. In the end, it doesn't matter where they were picked; I'm just nitpicking a tad.

Reid is easily better than Vaccaro and its really not even close.

Vaccaro is this year's Malcolm Jenkins - overhyped for no particular reason when his tape clearly shows a complete lack of ball skills. Heck, there is another post linking to Football Outsiders saying he "shut down Austin" when its anything but that - just watch the game! Like I said, just like Jenkins, Vaccaro is getting praise for things he is not - he has no ball skills, oft misses tackles, and all around just isn't a good football player.

Eric Reid had a completely uninspired season last year - like most of the LSU team. In his previous season, he was easily the best safety in college football. In one less year, he has one more INT than Vaccaro and played against much better competition, plus he is a better overall athlete in every measurable way.

It cannot be said enough - this is Malcom Jenkins all over again. A pick made by Mel Kiper Jr / Todd McSay / Charlie Carrerly / Mike Mayock and "couch scouts" instead of being made by a smart NFL team. Bad pick for the position in the draft and the player chosen.

And to top it all off, if you watch him walking on stage after being selected, he completely ignores the kid that announced the pick. Completely. Now, maybe its because he was so nervous - he did say his jaw was shaking - but really, do you want a guy who gets that nervous on you team? Either way, nerves or just a jerk, it was poor form.

As an LSU fan, Eric Reid is not a very good safety. He can not cover, hi misses tackles, and he would rather go for the highlight hit than actually wrap up ball carrier. Eric Reid is Tebucky Jones of this draft.

I'm sorry, that is a totally ridiculous description of Reid.

He is going to be a very good safety in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom