Vaccaro (1 Viewer)

Yep, he can cover the slot really well. I think if we would have kept him we wouldn’t have had the issues we had in the nickel position this year.

We really haven't had issues in nickel this year. PJ has done very well since P-Rob got hurt. The only game that PJ played badly was vs the Falcons when we benched Crawley and started PJ on the outside vs Ridley. Same game P-Rob got hurt in. He's not lockdown, but I don't think there's any such thing as a lock down slot corner. Being a good tackler is as good as it gets. PJ is a good tackler.

Like him or not, he played with a lot of heart.

That's all I've ever wanted from our guys. Play with heart and passion. If you don't have the talent then so be it. At least you gave it your all. KV had the talent and he played with a lot of passion. Just couldn't put it all together and play consistent.

Glad he's not sour grapes. Kudos. Rob Ryan did so much damage to his career. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie. Not only did Ryan fail to develop him as a player, but also screwed up his mind. Remember when Ryan moved him to CB so he could "have a better chance of making the pro bowl"!? A move that clearly did not play to his skill set.

Kind of a repeat of Jenkins. Versatile with similar skill set and flaws and yet probably should have found a way to keep.

Yeah, I liked them both... very much dislike that part of football. :confused:

Yah I felt like our defensive rookies have great rookie years then they just don’t develope into stars. Vaccaro falls in that category.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom