Valentine's Day is a racket.

Thread starter #1

RebSaint

Lint smoker
Ratings
It's a racket for flower vendors, candy companies, restaurant, card companies but most especially, women. So what's everybody doing for vaginatime day. :shrug:

I've been single for quite awhile, but now for the first time I have to worry about this wretched "holiday." :mad:

It's not that I'm cheap, it's that I'm lazy.

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
Women love a man with a plan. Don't plan and you're doomed. The worst thing that could ever come out of your mouth is, "oh, I don't care, whatever you want to do." This is true of everyday life, not just V-day.

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Ratings
My wife said she wants to go bowling and to the firing range to shoot our gun. :9:

It's markup on Roses is freakin' crazy. The same dozen that cost 20 bucks costs 50-70 bucks right around Valentine's day.

I will probably end up buying her a bouquet from 1800flowers though because for a $69.99 purchase I get 1750 sky miles :9:

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
Valentine's Day is a conspiracy put on by the government. The money is used to back the war overseas.

I'm a history major and I know this to be true. Being that SaintReb and I are one of the only two history pros on this site I am sure he would have to agree.

Moderator #8

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ratings
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
Women love a man with a plan. Don't plan and you're doomed. The worst thing that could ever come out of your mouth is, "oh, I don't care, whatever you want to do." This is true of everyday life, not just V-day.

My favorite plan is to just forget about Valentine's Day to begin with. We just got done with Christmas and 4 birthdays in the last few months; neither Drew or I need another holiday as a reason to pressure the other into a present. I'm not a "flower gal" either -- too much money for something that will end up in the garbage in a week. We'll have fun getting the kids' school valentines ready, have a small little gift for the kids, and maybe go out to eat as a family. No pressure...that's the best Valentine's Day gift, IMO.

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Ratings
(threadjack) Whatcha packing?
Ruger 9mm nothing special. I took her to the range for the first time ever 2 weeks ago and it was the first time she's ever shot a handgun. 7 out of her 10 first shots were within the center circle around the bullseye and 4 were in the bullseye. She's a freakin' sharpshooter.. :hihi: She was putting them center of the head and heart at 20 ft/yds I can't remember if they use feet or yards as measuremnent.

Banned #10

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
This is my first with the probable future Mrs. Jonesy77. I'm cooking at my house and taking her out to a classical guitar concert (that I want to see anyway). I don't do restaurants and waits on V-Day.

But yes, like diamonds, Valentine's Day is brilliant marketing ploy exploiting a weakness in the female mind (not being unfair here....we have plenty of mental weaknesses that brilliant marketing exploits).

CT Saints Fan

More than 15K posts served!
Ratings
Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Con
Valentine's Day is a conspiracy put on by the government. The money is used to back the war overseas.

I'm a history major and I know this to be true. Being that SaintReb and I are one of the only two history pros on this site I am sure he would have to agree.
You left out 2884.

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
I must tell you C T Saint Fan that I did not know that 2884 was a history guru. It was not meant to offend anyone Mr C T, but I must tell you that Saint Reb and myself are the only history pros on this site.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
I defy traditions of all sorts. Chistmas, Valetines, Thanksgiving, etc.

If you want to show your love, give a gift, have a family gathering, do so. Don't wait for the officially recognized day. You've just slaved yourself to what they want.

The industries know when to slow down production and they know when to speed it up. It's a controlled situation to which they cannot lose. The stores know when to stock the shelves and when to keep it at a bare minimum of stock and overhead.

They are all contrived holidays. Do it on YOUR time, not theirs.

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I defy traditions of all sorts. Chistmas, Valetines, Thanksgiving, etc.

If you want to show your love, give a gift, have a family gathering, do so. Don't wait for the officially recognized day. You've just slaved yourself to what they want.

The industries know when to slow down production and they know when to speed it up. It's a controlled situation to which they cannot lose. The stores know when to stock the shelves and when to keep it at a bare minimum of stock and overhead.

They are all contrived holidays. Do it on YOUR time, not theirs.

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Hey I got some left over fireworks... you wanna go pop em tomorrow? :hihi:

Top Bottom