Van halen in trouble (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile, the ex reveals she was a heavy duty partier, too:

Bertinelli admits drug use, infidelity on Oprah

Have you called Jenny yet? :mwink:

valerie.jpg

On the site you linked to there was a video from the Fort Lauderdale show that showed Eddie slamming his guitar down in disgust at the end of a show. Speculation was that the sound quality was bad or DLR's BS antics are finally catching up with them.

After witnessing that abortion of a show at the New Orleans Arena (due to the vocals being inaudible/DLR not singing -- not sure which), I don't doubt for a minute that there have been techinical problems.

Even though I still love their music, I was so soured by the Feb. 8 show that I probably wouldn't pay money to see them again.

FWIW, I saw them with Hagar in '95 at the Lakefront Arena on the "Balance" tour. It was a much better show, Eddie had just gotten sober, and Sammy's normal-sized ego allowed him to sing songs from DLR's era -- and do a damn good job at that.

Last edited:
You've gotta thing its either drugs or DLR being himself. I'm leaning towards DLR being the root cause. The guy has got to have some sort of personality disorder that makes him so damn entertaining but a real PITA at the same time. Unfortunately for him, he's totally outnumbered by Van Halen's this time.

BTW, there is a pretty good article in Guitar World about Eddie and Wolfie. It was a fun read for me.

Balance Tour

I was their in '95 and it was one of their best concerts ever. This was my 4th VH concert and they were flawless. The opening act Collective Soul, made me a fan of theirs that night. They were flawless and extremely entertaining.
On the site you linked to there was a video from the Fort Lauderdale show that showed Eddie slamming his guitar down in disgust at the end of a show. Speculation was that the sound quality was bad or DLR's BS antics are finally catching up with them.

After witnessing that abortion of a show at the New Orleans Arena (due to the vocals being inaudible/DLR not singing -- not sure which), I don't doubt for a minute that there have been techinical problems.

Even though I still love their music, I was so soured by the Feb. 8 show that I probably wouldn't pay money to see them again.

FWIW, I saw them with Hagar in '95 at the Lakefront Arena on the "Balance" tour. It was a much better show, Eddie had just gotten sober, and Sammy's normal-sized ego allowed him to sing songs from DLR's era -- and do a damn good job at that.

That concert was really bad, DLR's vocals were off by a mile, and the best part was that he completly forgot some of the words to many of the songs. Thank God the instumentation was on. I was very impressed with Alex, his drumming has gotten better with age.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom