Vander Esch option not picked up (1 Viewer)

How's his health?

Its so good the Cowgirls drafted 2 LBs.

Seriously he has a spinal condition called Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spine) that may not allow him to play much longer in the NFL. But its not just his spine he has other injury concerns, but that's the biggest one.

Spinal stenosis with a concomitant disc herniation is a significant injury, but the Cowboys are hopeful that Vander Esch’s career won’t be significantly impacted according to Hill’s reporting.

Spinal stenosis can occur at any level — cervical, thoracic, and/or lumbar — of the vertebral column and comes in two main flavors: central and foraminal. Spinal stenosis can be acquired due to injury, but it is possible that athletes can be born with a genetic predisposition to the development of the condition, which is known as congenital stenosis. Based on the sourced reporting linked above, it would seem as though Vander Esch’s spinal stenosis is of the congenital variety.

Its so good the Cowgirls drafted 2 LBs.

Seriously he has a spinal condition called Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spine) that may not allow him to play much longer in the NFL. But its not just his spine he has other injury concerns, but that's the biggest one.

Well, I didn't even know he had all that. I did remember his bad collarbone injury. Quick career.

He looked so good at times, but it seems that he and Sean Lee could barely get a full season in between the two of them. Now with Lee retired, looks like they're ready to cut bait. If their draft pick works out I bet they release him. He may come cheap if someone wants to take a shot. He certainly looks the part when he's healthy.

Spinal Stenosis CAN be a major problem, it can also be a non factor. I had no idea of my condition until I needed Cervical fusion(C2-T1). 1 area was a "congenital" narrowing, the 2 others were "trauma". I obviously had to quit my favorite sports & weapons form), but the congenital situation had caused no problems. The spinal cord damage was an eye opener! Now w/a shiny 8" plate of titanium & 8 bolts($40k just for the parts, socialized medicine is bad?!?), really limited in motion, but I don't worry about problems. My lower back however...
Stenosis is why Cooper Manning left football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom