Vanderbilt football will dress a female kicker tomorrow (1 Viewer)

I wonder if she would just kick off. It seems like kicking for points would require a lot of practice between center-holder-kicker.

She's been kicking field goals in practice. I read that from 35 and in, she's kicking at a very high percentage. Trying to find that post.

Yeah, no. Noticing someone is attractive in no way belittles them nor does it mean you're judging or valuing them one way or the other. There are plenty of hot idiots both male and female and one does not excuse a lack of other qualities.

Sarah Palin is a clown and would be a clown even if she were attractive. Trump is a pile of human excrement and would be even if he looked like Robert Redford from the 80s or Brooke Shields.

Noticing someone is decent looking is not the same as judging them and wokeness needs to wake up if it thinks it is.

It's not the 'noticing' that's the problem, it's the verbalizing of those thoughts, the public audience, the assumptions. This is a joke, right? Do so many not really see this?

It's not the 'noticing' that's the problem, it's the verbalizing of those thoughts, the public audience, the assumptions. This is a joke, right? Do so many not really see this?

No. I don't see it. I've been told I was handsome, pretty, good looking for 50 freaking years and never once took offense. Maybe in the context of a chat room like this where someone says it, but in real life noticing and verbalizing that a person is pretty or handsome is not judgmental nor is it offensive.

It's not a joke. People need to grow up and realize that we are humans and we think with our eyes, our ears, and sometimes our brains. The world is not blind and it's not offensive to say "wow, that's a beautiful camelia".

No. I don't see it. I've been told I was handsome, pretty, good looking for 50 freaking years and never once took offense. Maybe in the context of a chat room like this where someone says it, but in real life noticing and verbalizing that a person is pretty or handsome is not judgmental nor is it offensive.

It's not a joke. People need to grow up and realize that we are humans and we think with our eyes, our ears, and sometimes our brains. The world is not blind and it's not offensive to say "wow, that's a beautiful camelia".
Only that's not what happened in this case. Read the posts again.

A person came to make a joke about the woman who'll be playing kicker assuming she would look a certain way. She did not so he makes sure to let everyone know what he intended to do and why he isn't. Because of her looks, he found her no longer joke-worthy.

You’re implying that men and women are judged equally on appearances?
Is there an entire trillion dollar industry trying to influence how you think about the way you look?
Did your parents spend most of your teen years implying that it was your looks that were going to determine what your life was going to be like?
Do you spend a lot of time seeing if your underwear gives you the right bulge even if you hate that you think that way?
Do you ever wonder if you got a job because you were being flirty?

So, if I see a woman and think she's hot, I can't verbalize it? I mean, my wife sometimes winks an nods to me when she sees a hot woman or man. We laugh, then keep on living.

The original joke was that the guy was that he was gonna come in with a "that's a man, baby" Austin Powers joke, which a lot of us can relate to, and then seeing she looked hot, said as much.

I mean, I poke fun at my own looks with friends and even posters here. The intent was a fun post not meant to offend anyone. I didn't see who was being harmed by the joke other than someone being overly sensitive about it. I dunno. Like I stated in another post, I'm listening.

You’re implying that men and women are judged equally on appearances?
Is there an entire trillion dollar industry trying to influence how you think about the way you look?
Did your parents spend most of your teen years implying that it was your looks that were going to determine what your life was going to be like?
Do you spend a lot of time seeing if your underwear gives you the right bulge even if you hate that you think that way?
Do you ever wonder if you got a job because you were being flirty?

While I certainly don't think we're judged equally, I can safely say yes to most of that. I used to get told all the time if I wanted a professional job and get hired, I had to look good, be well groomed and present well. At times in my life, I was super self conscious about my looks. But women have more to deal with regarding looks, there's no denying that.

While I certainly don't think we're judged equally, I can safely say yes to most of that. I used to get told all the time if I wanted a professional job and get hired, I had to look good, be well groomed and present well. At times in my life, I was super self conscious about my looks. But women have more to deal with regarding looks, there's no denying that.
I get why most guys don’t really get it, but I’ve had too many conversations with a class full of young women and nearly all have the same story about being 12, 13 or 14 and all of a sudden men just look at them differently
Like Dad’s friend who had always been super cool starts getting weird and eyeballing
Or 40yr old guy slowing the car down to ‘talk’ to a 7th or 8th grade kid just bc she’s ‘developing’
And of course that’s just the beginning and just compounds from there
And since we (men) are the perpetuators, we find all kinds of rationalizations and justifications
But I can promise that just like white people have no clue what it’s like to be judged by skin tone, men have no idea what it’s like to be judged like women are

I get why most guys don’t really get it, but I’ve had too many conversations with a class full of young women and nearly all have the same story about being 12, 13 or 14 and all of a sudden men just look at them differently
Like Dad’s friend who had always been super cool starts getting weird and eyeballing
Or 40yr old guy slowing the car down to ‘talk’ to a 7th or 8th grade kid just bc she’s ‘developing’
And of course that’s just the beginning and just compounds from there
And since we (men) are the perpetuators, we find all kinds of rationalizations and justifications
But I can promise that just like white people have no clue what it’s like to be judged by skin tone, men have no idea what it’s like to be judged like women are

While I agree with a lot of what you say, men have their own crosses to bear so to speak. Its not the same, but we all have issues to varying degrees. I've know men who struggle mightily with their own identity and self worth. As a minister, I worked with young men who hated their bodies and thought themselves ugly, or couldn't meet the expectations of their parents, families or peers.

I recognize and acknowledge women have societal expectations that often times unfair and in no small part to men. Too many men are grade a butt crevasses with women. I was taught as a young man to respect women and to treat them right, but then I go to school and hear my classmates talk about girls like it was a game of conquest.

All that said, I think intent matters and the joke wasn't intended to be mean or malicious, but rather an attempt at being funny. Comedians flop sometimes, or even a lot, so us 'normal' people will probably miss the mark even more often.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, men have their own crosses to bear so to speak. Its not the same, but we all have issues to varying degrees. I've know men who struggle mightily with their own identity and self worth. As a minister, I worked with young men who hated their bodies and thought themselves ugly, or couldn't meet the expectations of their parents, families or peers.

I recognize and acknowledge women have societal expectations that often times unfair and in no small part to men. Too many men are grade a butt crevasses with women. I was taught as a young man to respect women and to treat them right, but then go to school and hear my classmates talk about girls like it was a game of conquest.

All that said, I think intent matters and the joke wasn't intended to be mean or malicious, but rather an attempt at being funny. Comedians flop sometimes, or even a lot, so us 'normal' people will probably miss the mark even more often.
i think Zack was making a meta joke (a joke of the expectation of the joke) - i think the offense taken was from lack of understanding the context of zack as a poster

I hope she absolutely crushes the opportunity
It's Vandy, the only opportunity she may have is the start at one of the halves.

What will really be amusing, if Vandy has her as the team's kicker but instead of going for an obvious FG, they go for it on 4th down. That would make this discussion even more fun.

It's Vandy, the only opportunity she may have is the start at one of the halves.

What will really be amusing, if Vandy has her as the team's kicker but instead of going for an obvious FG, they go for it on 4th down. That would make this discussion even more fun.
You’re gonna poke a Chuck bear like that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom