Vanderbilt football will dress a female kicker tomorrow (2 Viewers)

You’re gonna poke a Chuck bear like that?

He's right - Vandy is back the cellar these days, it hasn't been a good run lately. Though they won't likely be shutout. If she's the kicker, she will likely get an opportunity. When you're not actually in contention for anything, you have greater latitude to make history with something like that.

Same, and I hope she absolutely crushes someone on the return team after a kick off!

I don't know. She's their only kicker right now, so I think the coaches will try to protect her. Not that she couldn't do it, but they can't risk injury to their only kicker. Just a thought anyway.

He's right - Vandy is back the cellar these days, it hasn't been a good run lately. Though they won't likely be shutout. If she's the kicker, she will likely get an opportunity. When you're not actually in contention for anything, you have greater latitude to make history with something like that.

Well, it's Mizzou. They're giving up well over 25 ppg, although they have improved a bit in recent weeks. Gave up 40+ to LSU iirc. So I think Vandy will have multiple chances to score. I wasn't gonna watch the game, but if it's on locally, I'm definitely tuning in now.

As expected, there is quite a bit of negative reaction from man land. Some, like Whitlock, suggest that the team’s selection of Fuller from the women’s soccer team may have meant that more deserving men were omitted (that’s quite a take - but no , Vandy doesn’t have a men’s soccer team):

Others seem to have an genuinely enthusiastic desire to see her crushed by multiple 300-pound linemen - as apparently that would teach her and those who support her a lesson. I watch a lot of football in my 47 years of life, and I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen linemen take out a kicker. Plus she’s hardly dainty, she just won an SEC championship as the starting goal keeper.

I just don’t understand why people have to be so nasty.

the negative reactions are unfortunate. I am as happy for her personally as it’s possible to be for someone you will never meet. But I don’t see this as some breakthrough for the NCAA. If they outkick men they will find a way on a team. There are still obvious concerns with bias as far as coaches and QBs but in all football has always seemed to be ahead of the curve of where society is in these regards. I came along after integration had already kind of happened. But it seems like bias towards winners always wins out. Sure it takes a pioneer to break a trend but if you win because you broke a trend, then others will soon follow and those that don’t become extinct. So if women outkick men, they will play. If they can mall offensive lines then they will play DT etc. That isn’t likely to happen but that is ok too because I don’t feel like both sexes have to be good at all the same things in order to be equal.

So Sarah is the only K on the roster today. Vandy received to start the game. It’s about the be halftime.

Will she kickoff or will that be the punter?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom