Vanderbilt's New Coach..... (1 Viewer)

You never know, especially with NIL money coming in.

I think the odds of that occurring are about the same odds I had of hitting that Billion Dollar Mega Millions jackpot but I wish him luck on his quest.

@superchuck500 Your boy has a brass pair.

Vandy Presser.jpg

He could actually be right, depending on how you define ā€œbestā€ā€¦. He could mean a consistent Top 10 program with an elite graduation rate in one of the fastest growing cities in the nation.. I mean, if Stanford was able to achieve what they did over the last 15 or 20 years, as academically rigorous as that school is, then why not Vandy ? Either way, i like it .

He could actually be right, depending on how you define ā€œbestā€ā€¦. He could mean a consistent Top 10 program with an elite graduation rate in one of the fastest growing cities in the nation.. I mean, if Stanford was able to achieve what they did over the last 15 or 20 years, as academically rigorous as that school is, then why not Vandy ? Either way, i like it .

Youā€™re precious MBS. šŸ˜˜

3c63ccfa-ab59-4aa0-8a0c-cddf29f523bf_text.gif

It could happen. There have been ā€œnew moneyā€ programs that have become big time.
Miami and Oregon come to mind. SMU probably would be in that mix if they didnā€™t get the Death Penalty.

Despite that Vanderbilt is much smaller than those, I think the bigger distinction is that those schools donā€™t play in the SEC.

At Vandy, weā€™re happy if we get a couple of SEC wins a year and usually donā€™t. Doubling that on a regular basis would be a wild success - but I just donā€™t see any scenario where Vandy becomes a contender to win its division much less anything bigger than that. If Coach Lea puts us on that track, heā€™s just gonna leave for a bigger program anyway (just like James Franklin).

Despite that Vanderbilt is much smaller than those, I think the bigger distinction is that those schools donā€™t play in the SEC.

At Vandy, weā€™re happy if we get a couple of SEC wins a year and usually donā€™t. Doubling that on a regular basis would be a wild success - but I just donā€™t see any scenario where Vandy becomes a contender to win its division much less anything bigger than that. If Coach Lea puts us on that track, heā€™s just gonna leave for a bigger program anyway (just like James Franklin).
I got a soft spot in my heart for Vandy
That recent run of 5 bowl games in 8 years was definitely a high point in the programs history

Vandy looking solid up 35-10 with 9:39 in the third. Obviously Hawaii is not a great team, but they have gone bowling in the previous 4 seasons and are considered a borderline team for a bowl bid for this year so certainly they are a better opponent than the FBS cupcakes in several games this today.
The impressive part isn't so much that Vandy is winning, it is that they are beating Hawaii like a GOOD team would. As I am typing this Vandy just got a defensive score to go up 42-10

And 49-10 after an 82 yard run

Vandy with 325 rushing yards with 5:49 left in the third

Looks awesome - a lot of athleticism in positions where Vandy doesnā€™t always have it. That 87 yard QB option was one of the best Vandy plays in five years.

Beat Elon then Vandy hosts Wake - that will be an early indicator. Then if Vandy goes on the road and beats N. Ill. theyā€™ll be 4-0 going down to play Alabama. Then hosting Ole Miss before on the road to Athens.

The margin for error is so slim in these winnable games because the SEC schedule is so brutal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom