Vandy Takes Down Vols (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don't come to Memorial with a #1 ranking. We'll take yo *** down!

I went to high school with Shan, I hope he gets drafted...that would be cool. I mean right now the most famous professional athlete from my high school is Tameka Johnson in the WNBA.

Not exactly stunned.

I saw this one coming when I heard Vandy was the Vols' next opponent.

As superchuck500 mentioned, playing Vandy with a #1 ranking is dangerous

Also, Vandy's REAL good: it's not like Tennessee lost to New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Word.

Vandy had a little streak there were they came into SEC play undefeated and then had a wake up call - and dropped 4 straight. I admit that I thought they might have been overrated. But Stallings is a really good coach and Shan dug deep and is making us proud. The kid can ball. And Vandy is really good - as CK said. 8 turnovers! Foster missed just4 shots. When they play like that, they can go deep in the NCAAs.

Scary, but we can play better; we got absolutely nothing out of Ogilvy and precious little on offense from Neltner, although he played a great floor game.

Both teams looked pretty tough mentally; now Vanderbilt needs to do it on the road a little more.

Why is it that every time there's a hint of a job opening in the Big 10, Stallings's name has to come up? Acknowledging that it's a private school without open admissions, you've got an administration as well as a fan base that's knowledgable and supportive, a huge home court advantage, and a real city to live in.

I have to confess that I have trouble hating UT with Pearl as the coach. His kids play real hard but pretty clean, and they were gracious post-game. Over the years, all my aggression has now pretty much shifted to hating Kentucky.

Scary, but we can play better; we got absolutely nothing out of Ogilvy and precious little on offense from Neltner, although he played a great floor game.

Both teams looked pretty tough mentally; now Vanderbilt needs to do it on the road a little more.

Why is it that every time there's a hint of a job opening in the Big 10, Stallings's name has to come up? Acknowledging that it's a private school without open admissions, you've got an administration as well as a fan base that's knowledgable and supportive, a huge home court advantage, and a real city to live in.

I have to confess that I have trouble hating UT with Pearl as the coach. His kids play real hard but pretty clean, and they were gracious post-game. Over the years, all my aggression has now pretty much shifted to hating Kentucky.

I have never really cared too much about basketball, partially because the Vols have stunk more often than not. But Bruce seems like the real deal and I really like how the team seems to have some class. Contrast that with the way Memphis players acted after Saturday night's game and you see the difference a head coach makes.

BTW - as much as I hate to say it, Memorial Gym is one of a handful of top venues in the country. It is brutal on opposing teams.

How can you hate to say it? I love Memorial Gym. I went to the LSU-Vandy game in 2006 and was impressed by how big it was and the location of the benches, shape of the goals, height of the court, etc. It is the most unique Gym in the country and it gets loud due to its shape, the acoustics are very very good.

People tell me that is how the New Orleans Buccaneers court looked back in the day but alas I am too young.

Awesome long article on ESPN today. (Vandy fans aren't used to such extensive coverage!)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- One team in Memorial Gym on Tuesday night looked primed and ready for a deep run in the NCAA Tournament, and it wasn't the No. 1 team in the country.

And, no, we're not talking about the team of officials, either, who honked on their whistles relentlessly, all the while managing to call a staggering 53 personal fouls and three technical fouls.

To its credit, Vanderbilt never blinked, just like the Commodores didn't blink back in January when they lost their first four SEC road games in a stretch that saw them open the conference season with six of their first nine games away from home.

"A lot of people jumped off the wagon a little bit," Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings said Tuesday.

Well, they're back on now. Knocking off No. 1 tends to have that effect, not to mention winning seven in a row.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?id=3266374

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom