Vaping and Teens (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I live I CT and vaping is rampant in jr high and high school here. I know they are adding detectors to A nearby school to help. I’ve had many of talks with my 14 year old and he has asked me about trying it. It’s the cool thing to do tricks with the smoke on Snapchat and send to groups. He says he doesn’t do it and hasn’t tried it but..... all of a sudden he wants to open the window in his room in sub 30 degree weather and now he has some friends over and they are upstairs in the playroom and just opened the window. What are signs I should be looking for? It was a lot easier to tell if someone smoked. Any advice is appreciated.

My wife and I don't vape, and (fortunately) my teenage son doesn't either. My experience is dealing with a couple of people at work that vape.

I'd say the number one thing that would give it away is still smell. It's obviously easier to detect cigarettes or pot because of their distinctive odor. That said, most of the vape pods have a smell too, but they have different scents. I'd suggest being on the lookout for smells that don't belong in the room - citrus, mint, berries, vanilla, whatever. You know the scent of your house, and if something is off in the smell of the room, that should be a warning, IMO.

I don't know enough about vaping tbh. Never smoked, never vaped. My oldest son never did much, if at all, but my daughter, who is now a freshman in college started vaping when she was, I want to say 15. She didn't do it a lot, just a bit here and there with friends and very rarely at home. We talked about it, and told her that for teens, there isn't a whole lot of research on vaping, but it's starting to become clear that nicotine on it's own can stunt aspects of growth. being that she's in college now, I don't really know whether she's still vaping, but I guess I'll find out soon enough when she gets home. As far as I know, my 2 high schoolers don't. They're both pretty much homebodies, so I don't worry about them too much.

My 15yr says many of his friends and other freshman vape with Juul. He swears he doesn’t. Since he brought up the topic, we believe him. But it does seem to be rampant. I wonder where these kids are getting the Juul and the whatever it’s called you inhale?

My 15yr says many of his friends and other freshman vape with Juul. He swears he doesn’t. Since he brought up the topic, we believe him. But it does seem to be rampant. I wonder where these kids are getting the Juul and the whatever it’s called you inhale?
The same way they get beer I'd assume.

The internet

I would imagine wanting to open up a window in sub 30 degree weather would be a good start. I don't see a reason why someone would do that unless they are trying to cover up the smell of vaping or any other nasty smelling odor.

I would imagine wanting to open up a window in sub 30 degree weather would be a good start. I don't see a reason why someone would do that unless they are trying to cover up the smell of vaping or any other nasty smelling odor.

I would but I love the cold. I'd have my window open and the air vent shut so the heater doesn't kill me. How come a heater will get my room warm in 5 minutes but it takes the ac hours before I feel comfortable? What kind of devilry is that?

I bet you do like the cold especially in Louisiana . I was in Gretna staying in a abb and the temps were in the 70's and one day it was in the low 80's and I was using the ac there and it seemed to take awhile to get comfortable.

I live I CT and vaping is rampant in jr high and high school here. I know they are adding detectors to A nearby school to help. I’ve had many of talks with my 14 year old and he has asked me about trying it. It’s the cool thing to do tricks with the smoke on Snapchat and send to groups. He says he doesn’t do it and hasn’t tried it but..... all of a sudden he wants to open the window in his room in sub 30 degree weather and now he has some friends over and they are upstairs in the playroom and just opened the window. What are signs I should be looking for? It was a lot easier to tell if someone smoked. Any advice is appreciated.

If you are questioning it, you already know the answer.

I have repeatedly told my kids "I've done it all... There is no new thing you can do to throw me off".

This vaping is rampant all over.

You just give your child all the info you can, how no one knows the effects etc since so new and hope they make rite choice.

Just remember we were all 15 once and thought we would live forever.

My kid says a ton of kids at her hs use juul products. She also says that she automatically won't date them if they do. She says they don't really do other drugs but vape and alcohol.

Could be worse but my kid has above a 4.0 so I am not too worried. If I catch her I'll be smarter than my dad was with me. But again, I am not too worried about my kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom