Vasectomy at 28: One man's decision (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
Wow. Now this is drastic:

Vasectomy at 28: One man's decision
Wyoming man had the procedure after deciding he never wanted kids

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
Updated: 11:32 a.m. CT Oct 3, 2007

Like many men, Toby Byrum decided to have a vasectomy to end his reproductive years. Unlike most of them, Byrum had his at the age of 28 while he is still single and childless.

Two years later, the Web consultant from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, has no regrets.

“I view the next 15-20 years of my life as some of the best years I’m going to live. I wanted to make sure those years were . . . going to make me ultimately the happiest person I could be,” he told TODAY co-host Matt Lauer.

Rest of article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21115130/wid/11915773?GT1=10514

They actually did a whole news story because some guy decided he didn't want to have kids?

Are they going to do a story about my friend who refuses to get an internet connection?

I really, really do not want kids either. I am just not the type. Plus I tend to think of it in a Risk/Reward manner. Sure kids can bring joy and make your life full,but they can also complicate your life and bring misery if they get sick,hurt or turn out to be just plain rotten. I think its a chance thing and if you are happy the way you are,why change things? But I also fear growing old and lonely,having no children or grandchildren and regretting it.But it would be too late. Plus I believe in God and believe it might be part of our duty to procreate. Sigh, so conflicted.

I had a friend who at 27, married a chick who had twins from a previous relationship(not marriage). She made him get a vasectomy because SHE didn't want any kids. Well, 6 months after the wedding and after all checking and savings accounts had been milked dry by her, he filed for divorce. Luckily, he didn't adopt the twins like she wanted him to do.

I love my kids like crazy and wouldn't give them back for anything in the world. But if I were to do it all over again... no kids for sure.

I love my kids like crazy and wouldn't give them back for anything in the world. But if I were to do it all over again... no kids for sure.

This is not the first time I've heard this. A person does not regret having children , but if could do it again wouldn't have them. I can't really grasp that line of thinking,seems contradictary to me. I guess you have to go through it to understand?

Sounds like he's taking this Tom Brady obsession a tad far.

But it does insure against that cute, sweet innocent thing without a thought in her head from pulling the goalie.

I have two kids, and if I were to do it over I would. I couldn't imagine being without my kids. Yes they can drive me nuts sometimes, but they are so much me I couldn't imagine life without them.

As a mom of three, I don't understand this either. My children are the joy of my life. I always knew I wanted kids. I wasn't nearly as attached to the idea of having a husband, and fortunately marriage (like a vasectomy) is reversible.

But, I have always wanted to be a mom. Lucky me!

As an aside, I recommend having as many as you want as fast as you can. There's only 2 years and 3 1/2 months from the birth dates of my oldest to my youngest. I basically had a litter, and they get along better than any siblings I know, which makes my job easy. :) It's the way to go. :9:

They actually did a whole news story because some guy decided he didn't want to have kids?

Are they going to do a story about my friend who refuses to get an internet connection?

For real. And on top of it, isn't the procedure reversible? Basically, a guy doesn't want kids but, should he change his mind, can reverse it and then have them. Where's the news?

Oh well, guess I have to prepare my speech for my press conference tomorrow to explain why I dip my french fries in mustard, instead of ketchup...with the exception of Chick-Fil-A waffle fries.

If a vasectomy makes national news, then my mustard on fries quirk is just totally going to blow the roof off of civilization!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom