VBRO pet peeve…… (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I love traveling, but this is definitely a pet peeve of mine.

Go to VBRO……find a place to stay, 3 nights in Charleston …..2 bed/2 bath condo…..$250 a night.

Click on it, get ready to pay the $750……that will be $1600.

Look at the itemize…..

3 nights at 200…..600
Service charge….350
Reservation charge…..150
Cleaning fee …..300
Taxes…..200

This is just an exaggeration, but not really.

Yeah some of them get really crazy with the add on crap.

Or those Uhaul trucks driving around saying $19.95 / day.
Get on the porch with all that noise.

10Large.png

Glad I’m not the only one…..and by the way, hotel prices are JACKED UP everywhere right now.

Really sucks.

We rented a house in Hot Springs, Ark for 12 of us in April on AirBnb. Without digging out all the paperwork, it was pretty much 1/2 the price it would have been if we got Hotel rooms. Now, it wasn't a last minute thing, she booked months in advance. The same exact house on VRBO was more than $200 a night total.

We rented a house in Hot Springs, Ark for 12 of us in April on AirBnb. Without digging out all the paperwork, it was pretty much 1/2 the price it would have been if we got Hotel rooms. Now, it wasn't a last minute thing, she booked months in advance. The same exact house on VRBO was more than $200 a night total.
Could you restate? I’m not following the numbers here (how much was Airbnb?)

Vrbos are destroying neighborhoods.
I lived in the bywater. 1st house that I bought. It was my mother’s neighborhood growing up. Elderly started dying, artist/musicians moved to cheaper area, old families bought out, next thing I know there are no actual neighbors.
We moved to midcity
Hopefully that doesn’t happen here. Not sure how it fix it, but it is a drag

Could you restate? I’m not following the numbers here (how much was Airbnb?)
i do not remember the exact numbers.
But i THINK i remember the house being $550 a night on Airbnb, and $750 a night n VRBO website. The same exact house (was listed on both sites). This was during Easter week, so rates were a little higher than normal.
I was trying to find it on Airbnb, but i don't remember it exactly from the pictures, but while browsing, i ran accross some of the the exact same listings on both sites, and here is an exapmple of the price difference on the 2 sites for the same listing. Not sure why some would be much hight between the 2 sites. could be way the owner lists it?
Not saying one service is more expensive than the other on all occasions, but the 2 times we have booked, Airbnb was always substanually cheaper. Maybe VRBO costs more to list?
And when it comes to Hotel, i don't think it would be feasible to even look for prices for a week for 12 people (not trying to spend a week in a Motel 6 either)

VRBO:
1632841468975.png

Airbnb
1632841546797.png

I have an AirBnB

After reading this thread, I am criminally undercharging!

My god, I have a brand new 1br with high end SS appliances and quartz counters and over 600 sq ft in Portland, OR with Washer & Dryer and it’s own entrance. we leave a welcome basket with local wine and chocolates. Provide all organic body washes and hair products

$89 a night with a flat $50 (not nightly) cleaning charge. A work week is around $589 including ABnB fees all in because we have no sales tax in Oregon

I guess that explains my really nice reviews

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom