Vega$$ainT's 2020 Saints only Mock Draft Ver. 1.0 (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With the conclusion of the fantasy football season, my spare time starts to shift to the NFL draft prospects. I know this is ultra early, but i'm bored and have some free time. This draft class is really stacked across the board with maybe the exception of the interior offensive line. With Mcshay putting out his first mock, it's got me in the mood. I haven't done that much research so far though.

1st round pick - Dylan Moses - LB - Alabama

Dylan got hurt in the preseason for bama and had to miss the entire season and I'm hoping that might get him to fall to us. Moses is a monster as a defender and would be a great matchup with Davis in the middle of our defense. The highlights are from his 2018 season.

2nd round pick -

The Saints are without their 2nd round pick this year with the move up to get Erik McCoy. We can all agree that it was well worth the price to move up.

3rd round pick - Pat Freiermuth - TE - Penn State

Freiermuth is a true sophomore, but has been granted eligibility for the 2020 nfl draft because of a postgraduate year he did in Massachusetts that makes him three years removed from high school. There's a chance he doesn't come out and has hinted at staying in college, but why did he apply for eligibility? He has all the talent in the world and there's a chance he doesn't even make it out of the 2nd round. Most current 2020 1st round mock drafts don't have any TEs going in them. I just think he would be a steal at this point in the draft and could sit and learn behind Jared Cook and Josh Hill for the next couple of years and develop ala Jimmy Graham.

4th round pick - Robert Hunt - OT/OG - Louisiana

The Saints always seem to look for depth in their draft picks in the trenches. Louisiana has really developed into a nice program in the last couple of years. They have one of the better running games in college football. He isn't going to play in the bowl game because of an injury. He's number 50 in the video and played right tackle in this game. He's also played guard for the cajuns.

5th round pick - Omar Bayless - WR - Arkansas State

This class is absolutely loaded at the WR position and I'm betting that there will be a starting caliber, potential star type, wide receiver that falls to us this late in the draft. I know people really think the Saints need to take a WR higher in this draft, but I really see TQS developing and having at 3rd year leap that a lot of WRs have. WR is also a position I could see the Saints going strong at in free agency since a lot of rookie receivers need time to develop. They also have Emmanuel Butler and Little Jordan Humphry on the practice squad.

As for Bayless, I'm really suprised he hasn't gotten more draft buzz, he had 84 catches for 1481 yards and 16 touchdowns this year.

6th round pick - Kelton Moore - RB/FB - Nevada

We are in the 6th round and who knows what the Saints are going to do here. My guess is they don't even have this pick because they already traded it away to move up in the draft. Moore is 5'11" 240 pounds and just fun to watch. He could be a thunder to Kamara's lightning or move to a fullback role in the nfl.

7th round pick -

The Saints do not have their 7th round pick because of the Kiko Alonzo trade.

Eric

Looks like Bayless catches quite a few passes one handed. Is he in love with one handed catches? Can he create separation?

Looks like Bayless catches quite a few passes one handed. Is he in love with one handed catches? Can he create separation?

it looks like a lot of times the defender has his other arm or it's just not a great throw by the QB

Been high on Bayless for a while. Really doubt he makes it to 5th though. I mentioned him in a thread about best wr prospects in the draft a lil while back

Na, that's one of my favorite responses to mock drafts because they are never accurate.

I started my try at a mock a few days ago and I also had Moses with our 1st. This was before the Jenkins signing and I was thinking CB, OT or LB with that 1st.

I guess we all have at least one interest that simply doesn't make sense to others.

Don’t google it... I’m just being a jerk.
You put some time and thought into that... I’m just salty because of all of the injuries.

Love this type of self honesty and apology. Way to go and Good on You! That's a great example for all of us. Thx Latt

And is there any one of us Saints fans who don't have multiple horrible days. I know I do. I bit State of Affairs head off last week and he did not deserve it.

Love this type of self honesty and apology. Way to go and Good on You! That's a great example for all of us. Thx Latt

And is there any one of us Saints fans who don't have multiple horrible days. I know I do. I bit State of Affairs head off last week and he did not deserve it.
I was very surprised to see what it meant when I googled it. Kinda harsh

I like when you guys create these because I don’t watch a ton of college football and enjoy hearing differing opinions on these amateurs coming out.

1st round pick - Dylan Moses - LB - Alabama

Dylan got hurt in the preseason for bama and had to miss the entire season and I'm hoping that might get him to fall to us. Moses is a monster as a defender and would be a great matchup with Davis in the middle of our defense. The highlights are from his 2018 season.

Not going to belittle it because Ingram missed a lot of playing time in college also, but just thinking it's high risk. Do we really want to go that route?

We've tried drafting other defensive players with college injury histories that haven't worked out for us lately...namely Anzalone and Kikaha.

Not going to belittle it because Ingram missed a lot of playing time in college also, but just thinking it's high risk. Do we really want to go that route?

We've tried drafting other defensive players with college injury histories that haven't worked out for us lately...namely Anzalone and Kikaha.
the difference is, he's had one injury, where as those guys were constantly injured. he's more like jalen smith or myles jack type of injury, but we wouldn't have to wait a year for him to come back.

Anzalone is still TBD.

He had one full year and it was excellent.

But two years with season enders .

And two years in college with season enders.

Surely doesn’t look good, buuuuuuttttt.......when he’s played it’s been very good so I just can’t give up on it yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom