Vega$$ainT's Mock Draft 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
here's a link to my 1st attempt that didn't age very well with the looks of the first 2 picks going back to college.

Going to go in a totally different direction with this one. I feel our defense is on the rise and it's time to really bolster this offense. I know everybody is on coach pete and moving up to 1 for burrow, but I am not going to predict that and won't do any trades. I feel Brees is coming back for one more season and Taysom is going to be signed for the future. Teddy will be given a decent contract to be a starter somewhere else next year. This could be the year of the weapons.

1st round - D'Andre Swift - RB - Georgia

One thing I do believe from coach pete is that Kamara isn't a long term answer at RB. I think he is still a huge part of the offense though and he needs a running mate to be the 1A in the offense. Coach Payton really needs to get Kamara more involved in the passing game again and it seemed like that was missing this year in the offense. I can see coach Payton getting wide eyed having a talented guy like swift in this offense.

3rd round - Brandon Aiyuk - WR - Arizona State

There are so many WRs in this draft class that are going to make an impact immediately in the NFL. In my opinion, there are 15 easily that could go anywhere from the 1st round to the 3rd or 4th round. You could make a case that Aiyuk could be one of those that goes in the 1st round, but I'm going to predict that since he's a senior and might be a little older that he could slide a little. On the flip side, the fact that he is older could be better for a team like the Saints that need someone who can contribute earlier in their career. Adding 2 guys like Swift and Aiyuk would really set this offense up for the next few years.

4th round - Thaddeus Moss - TE - LSU

for some reason there just aren't any good youtube highlight videos of Thaddeus. I just see so much potential in him for a role in coach Payton's offense. He's only 21 years old and has imporved so much in just one season under Joe Brady. Put him in Payton's offense, he could be very good. We shall see if he declares.

5th round pick - Omar Bayless - WR - Arkansas State

Going to stick with my same 5th round pick. I just feel we need more weapons and Bayless is going to be on a lot of teams radars as a late round sleeper. I'm all for double dipping at WR.

As for Bayless, I'm really suprised he hasn't gotten more draft buzz, he had 84 catches for 1481 yards and 16 touchdowns this year.

6th round - James Pierre - CB - Florida Atlantic

He declared early and has really good size. He's 6'2 and will run around a 4.5. Who knows what direction the saints would go this late in the draft. I would be happy with O-line, LB, CB

The bells and whistles are fun and everything but the Saints value offensive line more than most teams and we saw at times this season that unit needs to be upgraded (particularly OG) in a couple of spots so don't be shocked if the Saints go Oline early.

Interesting you have an all Offensive Draft, I think there will be atleast a couple of Defensive picks in the draft. Although I agree the focus will be Offense with main targets probably WR, and OL.

I have never really attempted a mock draft, but am researching to do one now. Nearly every time I look at it and look at the cloud of players available at pick 88, I can't find a reason to pass on Aiyuk. The only scenario I would pass on Aiyuk would be if we grabbed Shenault at 24. Their YAC skills are incredible and would be a prefect addition. Shenault is more sudden while Aiyuk probably has more top end speed.

It's usually the same 3 positions I end up with in the 1st; OL, WR or LB. If Tua falls and is there at 24, I think you grab him.

I haven't put it on paper, but there is another train of thought to revamp the backfield and actually spend 2 picks at RB. Obviously his would involve trading one of if not both Murray and Kamara. Trades are too hard to predict, so I'm not messing around with those scenarios, it just a thought.

here's a link to my 1st attempt that didn't age very well with the looks of the first 2 picks going back to college.

Going to go in a totally different direction with this one. I feel our defense is on the rise and it's time to really bolster this offense. I know everybody is on coach pete and moving up to 1 for burrow, but I am not going to predict that and won't do any trades. I feel Brees is coming back for one more season and Taysom is going to be signed for the future. Teddy will be given a decent contract to be a starter somewhere else next year. This could be the year of the weapons.

1st round - D'Andre Swift - RB - Georgia

One thing I do believe from coach pete is that Kamara isn't a long term answer at RB. I think he is still a huge part of the offense though and he needs a running mate to be the 1A in the offense. Coach Payton really needs to get Kamara more involved in the passing game again and it seemed like that was missing this year in the offense. I can see coach Payton getting wide eyed having a talented guy like swift in this offense.

3rd round - Brandon Aiyuk - WR - Arizona State

There are so many WRs in this draft class that are going to make an impact immediately in the NFL. In my opinion, there are 15 easily that could go anywhere from the 1st round to the 3rd or 4th round. You could make a case that Aiyuk could be one of those that goes in the 1st round, but I'm going to predict that since he's a senior and might be a little older that he could slide a little. On the flip side, the fact that he is older could be better for a team like the Saints that need someone who can contribute earlier in their career. Adding 2 guys like Swift and Aiyuk would really set this offense up for the next few years.

4th round - Thaddeus Moss - TE - LSU

for some reason there just aren't any good youtube highlight videos of Thaddeus. I just see so much potential in him for a role in coach Payton's offense. He's only 21 years old and has imporved so much in just one season under Joe Brady. Put him in Payton's offense, he could be very good. We shall see if he declares.

5th round pick - Omar Bayless - WR - Arkansas State

Going to stick with my same 5th round pick. I just feel we need more weapons and Bayless is going to be on a lot of teams radars as a late round sleeper. I'm all for double dipping at WR.

As for Bayless, I'm really suprised he hasn't gotten more draft buzz, he had 84 catches for 1481 yards and 16 touchdowns this year.

6th round - James Pierre - CB - Florida Atlantic

He declared early and has really good size. He's 6'2 and will run around a 4.5. Who knows what direction the saints would go this late in the draft. I would be happy with O-line, LB, CB

Where are the OG and LB that we need?

i was doing this one more for fun. OG and LB are typically positions filled with free agents

Thanks for the effort. I don't think Randy is going to let his son come out early to be a 4th round pick.

to be honest, if the saints were to get swift and aiyuk, I would say this draft is a home run and be done with it

God I hate this time of year... Say it aint so... the first of 5,398,277 mock drafts.... We should be planning our trip to Miami... Dissing San Fran....Laughing at the failclowns (well ok we can still do this)... Mock Drafts??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My goodness, I am so not ready for this time of year. I realize, I didn’t have to click the link for the thread, but I’m curious... why do you guys do this? There are soooo many variables that will effect our draft. If the rumors are true and we trade our picks away, we won’t even have the picks you are referring to. I just don’t understand why.. Is this a way for you to showcase your talent evaluations?? Lol

We LOVE to Dream and play "Fake GM" for the Saints. I personally enjoy getting to know ALL of the prospects, but get to key on specific players of NEED for our Saints. I will personally focus on the top 25 WR's in this draft. The variables are what makes it fun too. The combine to me, is like the Pro Bowl times infinity cubed...

My goodness, I am so not ready for this time of year. I realize, I didn’t have to click the link for the thread, but I’m curious... why do you guys do this? There are soooo many variables that will effect our draft. If the rumors are true and we trade our picks away, we won’t even have the picks you are referring to. I just don’t understand why.. Is this a way for you to showcase your talent evaluations?? Lol
People that enjoy the whole Draft process love scouting the potential prospects, and getting a feel for how the early rounds of a Draft might play out and what players could be available for their favorite team.

It's something to help pass the time, and enjoy the Off-season.. if you are not a Draft enthusiast and you can't reliably focus on things that are not Football it becomes a very, very long off-season.

i play in 4 dynasty leagues and one of them is an idp league. I've always been fascinated with the draft. I take vacation time from work just to watch all 3 days. I do this because I find it fun. I think, in all the years of me doing it, I probably have only gotten Donte Stallpepper, Sedrick hodge, andrus peat, and boston scott actually right. besides the easiest ones like ricky williams and reggie bush.

i play in 4 dynasty leagues and one of them is an idp league. I've always been fascinated with the draft. I take vacation time from work just to watch all 3 days. I do this because I find it fun. I think, in all the years of me doing it, I probably have only gotten Donte Stallpepper, Sedrick hodge, andrus peat, and boston scott actually right. besides the easiest ones like ricky williams and reggie bush.

That's why I like researching players as well. I run a 32 team, 53 man roster with 10 player practice squad and a salary cap that mirrors the current NFL salary cap. The positions are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, WT, RWT, RWT, DE, DE, DT, DT (2nd DT added for 2020), LB, LB, LB, DL/LB, CB, CB, S, S, K and P.

I am also in a smaller dynasty/contract league and then a couple more dynasty leagues without contracts, but nearly as deep rosters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom