Vega$$ainT's Saints only Mock Draft 3.0 (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All the writeups are from Dane Brugler's "The Beast" draft guide. I highly recommend it and it's up to 25,000 words this year. You can zoom in on your phone to read them, sorry for the small lettering, but I had to screenshot them on my phone.

1st round - Patrick Queen - LB - LSU

I really don't know if the Saints are going to go with Queen and there is a decent chance he doesn't even make it to 24. To me though, he is one of the youngest LBs in the class and is a very good cover LB which we need. There's a good chance that he is BPA at one of their biggest needs.

patrick queen.jpg
3rd round - Amik Robertson - CB - Louisiana Tech

If Amik was 2 inches taller, he would be talked about as a 1st round pick. He's a ballhawk plain and simple. He doesn't always play the slot either, but could you imagine him and CJGJ playing in the same secondary.

amik.jpg
4th round - Lynn Bowden - WR - Kentucky

I thought about going running back here and I really like Josua Kelley out of UCLA and Antonio Gibson out of Memphis, but with Dwayne Washington resigning, I really don't see the Saints keeping 4 RBs on the 53 man roster, so I think they would go a different direction with a day 2 pick like this.

Bowden played QB and WR for Kentucky, he's got the talent to develop into a very good WR for the Saints and if anything else was to happen to Drew and Taysom had to take over, some of those same elements could be achieved by Bowden.

lynn bowden.jpg
5th round - Derrek Tuszka - EDGE - North Dakota State

This guy is just a joy to watch get after the QB, he is relentless and brings the boom when he gets there. He could be Coach Payton's 2nd chance at Rob Nincovich.

tuszka.jpg
6th round - James Morgan - QB - Florida International

You could insert any QB here.

With Bowden playing WR, Coach Payton needs somebody to groom behind Taysom after Drew retirees.

james morgan.jpg

Last edited:
just want to mention, I have been drinking, but I just spent a good 10 minutes, after thinking how good Lynn Bowden and Antonio Gibson were this year, I wanted to see how good the records and box scores were. I went back and forth between Memphis and Kentucky wondering why neither showed up in both box scores. damn quarantine and blue uniforms.

Historically speaking, the Saints have been much better at drafting offensive talent in the later rounds and rather inept at drafting defense past the third round so I dig the Saints first two picks being defensive minded. I would love both of them if it were to play out like this in the draft scenario.

As for Tuszka, I think BPA on the offensive line but he makes me ponder. He uses his hands well and mixes in his speed. He actually reminds me of Patrick Kerney, the former ATL DE.

One of the better mock drafts I have seen...

I wish Morgan would be available in the 6th. I admit to never having heard of him. Love the different perspective.

Linebacker must be addressed since we didn't make a splash in free agency at that position. I like drafting one in the first round (Murry/Queen) but think there may be another in the later rounds.

Just posted my mock and we have a lot of the same players. Even considered Morgan late but for some reason I see Mason Fine as an UDFA

This was very well put together, and I appreciate the link to the highlight videos. I'd be very happy with this draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom