Vegas payout on Payton to Cardinals just dropped by more than half (Odds now removed completely from the book) (1 Viewer)

Loomis has an opportunity to make a once-in-a-lifetime trade that could change the trajectory of this franchise, or at least that's how he should be approaching this situation. I don't understand those that say we shouldn't expect much in return or should send picks to AZ along with Sean. The Saints have complete control. If AZ wants Sean, they have to get him this year. They're not hiring a coach for a year just to fire him next year so they can make another run at Sean, especially when they just fired their coach this year after giving him a long extension.

The firing of Klingsbury is starting to look like Bidwill's first step toward hiring Sean. If their 1st rd pick this year is not on the table, the price should be a 2nd and 3rd this year and next years 1st and 3rd or 4th.

Play hardball and make them pay up, Mickey! Don't cave at the expense of the Saints' future.

Sean is stress eating. The buttons on yesterdays dress shirt were working overtime.
I don't think that's stress. He's paid well, kids are grown, and living in La with a new wife.

Looks like Rapoport doesn’t have the direct scoop on Payton-Cards compared to other situations. He said there’s no place for Payton on Wed. then the local Az reporters broke how well the Cards interview went yesterday with video of Payton and Bidwell. Hiring Payton or a 2nd interview candidate would become the favorite is a safe take

Looks like Rapoport doesn’t have the direct scoop on Payton-Cards compared to other situations. He said there’s no place for Payton on Wed. then the local Az reporters broke how well the Cards interview went yesterday with video of Payton and Bidwell. Hiring Payton or a 2nd interview candidate would become the favorite is a safe take

I do think it’s interesting that there doesn’t seem to be as much “leakage” of stuff from Payton’s camp since the Cardinals interview.

They were spilling stuff nonstop to create leverage and a market before. Now? Either they know they’re out of options or they feel like something might go down. Hopefully it happens quickly either way.

“If you really want to build a foundation for success, Sean Payton has done that for quite a while," Fitzgerald said. "He is a franchise-changer. If you’re trying to change the conversation, he’s the guy that has the ability to do that."

"Look at what he did with Drew Brees," Fitzgerald said. "He did it under the tutelage of Sean Payton. He can change the fortunes of an organization.”

Just the other day, Ryans “emerged as Denver’s top candidate,” probably from Denver’s FO thinking they would’ve spited Payton’s camp and it backfired

I dont know, maybe they will actually get a QB instead of trying to use Murray as something he is not.
They can't get out of Murray's contract until 2028. Brees was no one special until he got in Payton's system. Winston threw 14TD's/3INT's with Payton calling the plays. He knows how to get the best out of QB's. Murray will be just fine.

Just the other day, Ryans emerged as Denver’s top candidate

Ryans going to Houston is best case scenario. Underhill said on his pod that he spoken with one of the teams involved that didn’t want to pay the money Payton wanted. He also said Houston’s second choice behind Ryans was someone from Philly.

It made me think that maybe Nick had contact with either Caserio or someone who works with him from their New England days, and that Houston was the team that didn’t want to pay $20 million for Payton. But that was just speculation on my part.

Either way

Texans would be more attractive job, IMO. He was drafted by Houston and has a lot of cap space and draft capital to build the team in his image.
And a lot less pressure to win now. Any coach going to Denver will have a lot of pressure to contend on day 1.

And a lot less pressure to win now. Any coach going to Denver will have a lot of pressure to contend on day 1.

Any coach going to Denver is stuck with the giant boat anchor that is Wilson's play and his contract. Payton was their best bet to get something out of him and turn their luck around. If all those rumors were Denver's front office playing games they just massively screwed themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom