Vegas payout on Payton to Cardinals just dropped by more than half (Odds now removed completely from the book) (1 Viewer)

The latest on the Cards board has a reasonable take of giving up their 1st 2023 (3rd overall) and getting back our 2023 2nd. I would take that in a heartbeat.
I'd probably be on board with that. I wouldn't want to give back a 1st. I think Payton is valuable enough that we wouldn't need to give back much to get the #3 pick.

That said, with Chicago and Houston in the 1 and 2 spots, wonder if Young would make it to the 3 spot. Bears already have their QB. And Houston needs a lot of help at other positions. Maybe we trade up with one of them to get Young.

I'd probably be on board with that. I wouldn't want to give back a 1st. I think Payton is valuable enough that we wouldn't need to give back much to get the #3 pick.

That said, with Chicago and Houston in the 1 and 2 spots, wonder if Young would make it to the 3 spot. Bears already have their QB. And Houston needs a lot of help at other positions. Maybe we trade up with one of them to get Young.
Chicago would be foolish not to trade out of the 1st pick. That could leave us holding the bag at 3.

Probably looking at their early 2nd round pick and maybe their 2024 first? Toss in a 3rd or 4th somewhere? I can live with that.
Their second round pick would be fine. The Saints could package it and move up to the late first if they have their eyes on a QB.

My only apprehension there is that I tend to believe there are only two very good quarterbacks in this draft in Stroud and Young.. not sold on Levis the same way and man it would suck to me to make that move to the only for those two guys to already be off the board.

Levis might not be there at 3.

Chicago would be foolish not to trade out of the 1st pick. That could leave us holding the bag at 3.
Well, we have a lot of options even if we don't trade up and Young is off the board. Could go Stroud although I'm not sure he's worth a #3 pick. He's definitely got some risk factors. We could trade down and get a couple of lower first or high 2nd rounders. We could sit at 3 and go BPA.

Of course it all hinges on the Cards closing the deal. We'll see.

Or if we're left holding the bag..... trade back ala Miami/SF and load up for 2024 QB's and more.

Well, we have a lot of options even if we don't trade up and Young is off the board. Could go Stroud although I'm not sure he's worth a #3 pick. He's definitely got some risk factors. We could trade down and get a couple of lower first or high 2nd rounders. We could sit at 3 and go BPA.

Of course it all hinges on the Cards closing the deal. We'll see.

Take Levis at 3 all day and start working on other needs b/c QB would be locked up.

For sure. Bryce Young is really the one I covet but I just don't see it falling our way there with us holding the third pick.

I'll take Levis all day to build a franchise around. Good thing for him we already have a lot of pieces in place including the O-line with Penning at LT and Kidd at LG with McCoy, Ruiz and Ram.

Only way that happens is if Chicago trades down. I think that's a long shot.

Anyway, I'm not sold on Stroud being a top 5 pick. Haven't been impressed enough with his play to justify that.
I could see some team being willing to go all in for Bryce Young in trading up for the number one pick. But it might be difficult to work out still because Chicago would obviously be asking for a king's ransom and it's just so debilitating for the other team moving forward with give up the house in draft picks.

I'll take Levis all day to build a franchise around. Good thing for him we already have a lot of pieces in place including the O-line with Penning at LT and Kidd at LG with McCoy, Ruiz and Ram.
Hey he might very well end up being the best of the three, if we were to actually end up with the third pick and got any of the three guys I would honestly have to be happy because at least we'd have some sort of direction going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom