Vegas payout on Payton to Cardinals just dropped by more than half (Odds now removed completely from the book) (1 Viewer)

I don't think the team is gonna go out and tank next year. Allen probably understands it's win or he's done as a HC in the league, so I can't see them being in position to get the #1 pick.
No team thinks they are gonna tank but crap happens

We don't know that. It could be Sean eliminated them, or that they eliminated him.
I’m not sure how this has anything to do with my reply. The question was if his value went down.

Does anyone have any information on what is happening with Payton and Arizona? What is being said there. This is it for 2023. Payton is not going to any other job that is open.

Does anyone have any information on what is happening with Payton and Arizona? What is being said there. This is it for 2023. Payton is not going to any other job that is open.
There’s been a lot posted. But nothing other than whispers. What we know:

-Payton met with Bidwell and front office people for 7 hours.

-Payton is the only offensive coach on Arizona’s list. Flores seems to be the other top option.

-stuff from Payton’s camp has gone silent since the meeting. After they couldn’t stop talking and leaking for months.

Thank you. I guess we will know something no later than Tuesday of next week. No team is going to setle for Payton. A team really wants him even given the costs of obtaining him, or he is not its first choice, which means it will not hiring Payton.

I know many here may not follow the draft closely, but just to give people an idea of how highly valued a top 3 pick is, here is some recent draft trade history:

- For the Eagles to go from pick 8 to pick 2 in 2016, they had to give up pick 8, their 3rd and 4th rounder in 2016 + their 2017 first and 2018 second.

- In 2018, for the Jets to merely go from pick 6 to pick 3, they gave up pick 37 and 49 in 2018, along with their second round pick in 2019.

- In 2021, to go from pick 12 to pick 3, the 49ers gave the Dolphins their first round and third round pick in 2021, and their first round pick in 2022.

In conclusion, you ain’t getting pick #3 merely for the rights to Sean Payton.

“I know that Arizona is doing some resetting,” Rapoport said on the Pat McAfee Show. “So Arizona will either work to hire Sean Payton or bring in one of those other candidates for a second interview.”

So, what does that mean? I think it’s safe to say that the Cardinals and Payton are deciding if they want to dance. The money may not be as much of an obstacle as the compensation to the New Orleans Saints.

Remember, the Saints started big in their demands, stating they wanted one or two first round picks for Sean Payton. That of course was when Payton was getting looks from the Cardinals as well as the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and Houston Texans.

For Payton, it’s not a huge deal, but for the Saints they could lose any leverage they have left in negotiations. A team signing Payton this year is getting two years of buyout, while next year is the final year on his contract.

The Saints may be able to get a day three pick next year, but it won’t be nearly as good as what they could get this year, likely a day two pick.

So now, we wait. What happens next will determine if the Cardinals are signing Sean Payton or going forward with Brian Flores, Ejiro Evero or Aaron Glenn.

“I know that Arizona is doing some resetting,” Rapoport said on the Pat McAfee Show. “So Arizona will either work to hire Sean Payton or bring in one of those other candidates for a second interview.”

So, what does that mean? I think it’s safe to say that the Cardinals and Payton are deciding if they want to dance. The money may not be as much of an obstacle as the compensation to the New Orleans Saints.

Remember, the Saints started big in their demands, stating they wanted one or two first round picks for Sean Payton. That of course was when Payton was getting looks from the Cardinals as well as the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and Houston Texans.

For Payton, it’s not a huge deal, but for the Saints they could lose any leverage they have left in negotiations. A team signing Payton this year is getting two years of buyout, while next year is the final year on his contract.

The Saints may be able to get a day three pick next year, but it won’t be nearly as good as what they could get this year, likely a day two pick.

So now, we wait. What happens next will determine if the Cardinals are signing Sean Payton or going forward with Brian Flores, Ejiro Evero or Aaron Glenn.
It’s hilarious how little other teams’ fans understand about this process.

They don’t lose any leverage. Arizona can pay the price they’ve already discussed, or they can hire someone else. End of story.

I have no idea who Evero is. I would not even interview Flores. And Glenn is not on the same level as Payton.

The article states that the Saints started off big with their demands, asking for two first round picks, but that sounds made up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom