Veined or De-Veined Shrimp? (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
Do you insist on eating de-veined shrimp? Or will any old shrimp do? Also, who eats the crawfish poop after peeling?

Personally, I will only eat fully cleaned, de-veined shrimp and poop-free crawfish. I have a thing about eating excrement, no matter where it's from.

poopists.

Nah, I'm with muzzy. My shrimp and crawfish must be poop-free.

On anything <40-50 count, I want the vein removed. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me.

I am guilty of eating poopy shrimp on a consistent basis. I guess my laziness overpowers my dislike of shrimp poop.

poopists.

Nah, I'm with muzzy. My shrimp and crawfish must be poop-free.

What if you get a large shrimp/crawfish po-boy, and none of the fried shrimp/crawdads have been cleaned? I'm so anti-poop, I will not order a po-boy in a place that I know doesn't fully clean its seafood -- and I find that most po-boy places DON'T. So I mostly go with oysters, which I'm sure come with their own issues, but ignorance is bliss.

I guess my laziness overpowers my dislike of shrimp poop.

This is the route my wife likes to go. So I always peel the shrimp so that I know it's deveined. Personally, I can't stand the "crunch" associated with a thick black vein down the back of the shrimp.

It must take ya'll days to eat barbecued shrimp if you take the time out to devien each one as you peel them. Same with boiled shrimp.

My general rule is that I devein shrimp that I'm going to fry or saute but leave the vein for anything else.

um.......... check the fecal count on those hamburgers U get from fast food joints.
Anything below 2% is acceptable.
Yeah, that means 1.5% of your burger could be cow manure.
I'd rather eat the shrimp poop.

If you pinch the crawfish right you don't have to worry about the poo vein. Or if you're drunk you don't worry about it either. Amateurs

i depoop all my crawfish.. shrimp as well

It must take ya'll days to eat barbecued shrimp if you take the time out to devien each one as you peel them. Same with boiled shrimp.

My general rule is that I devein shrimp that I'm going to fry or saute but leave the vein for anything else.

Wrong. But I wouldn't expect a Northshore guy to know how to peel shrimp correctly anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom