Venezuela election controversy discussion (2 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Is anyone following this?

We are now going to recognize Juan Guaidó as Interim President of Venezuela.

I love it, but I feel for the guy because without military backing (which he doesn’t have) he is probably going to be thrown in prison (or worse).

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully not being thrown in prison over a political power play, el!

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
1548285805732.png

Oh, I see. You don't like when Russians "interfere" with our democracy, but it's all good when we begin a diplomatic coup in a country with a democratically elected president.

OP
OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

Reaction score
1548285805732.png

Oh, I see. You don't like when Russians "interfere" with our democracy, but it's all good when we begin a diplomatic coup in a country with a democratically elected president.

I am very pro Coup. When your election only brings out 20% of the voting public, you know it’s a forking joke.

I’m glad somebody is stepping up for Venezuela, because Maduro sure as shirt wasn’t.

Last edited:

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
1548285805732.png

I doubt that the election was democratic.

That doesn’t mean we should be encouraging a coup either.

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am very pro Coup. When your election only brings out 20% of the voting public, you know it’s a forking joke.
Did you just make that up?

A few hours after the polls closed, the National Electoral Council announced the first official results of the presidential election. With 92 percent of ballots counted, 8,603,336 people had voted (46.01 percent, which was projected to reach 48 percent once all votes are counted). Of these, 5,823,728 had voted for Maduro (67 percent), 1,820,552 had voted for opposition candidate, Henri Falcón (21 percent), 925,042 for evangelical priest Bertucci (10 percent) and 34,614 for the little-known Quijada, who presented himself as a dissident, chavista candidate (0.4 percent).
https://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/13831

Several international reports on the fairness of the election:
This is the report written by the mission as a whole, which includes representatives from countries such as Russia, Palestine, China, Spain, UK, Ireland, USA, Australia, Syria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, the Philippines, Indonesia, France, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay, Chile, Surinam, Paraguay, Colombia, and Peru.

We the international accompaniers consider that the technical and professional trustworthiness and independence of the National Electoral Council of Venezuela are uncontestable.​
Voting turnout in the US was 58%, and we didn't have a world superpower encouraging people not to vote.

OP
OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/americas/venezuela-election-turnout.amp.html

When the company that supplied the voting machines says that the votes were manipulated, you know that the votes were manipulated.

BOGOTÁ, Colombia — The Venezuelan government reported false turnout figures for its contentious election over the weekend, announcing a tally that had been altered by at least one million votes, a software company involved in setting up voting systems for the country said on Wednesday.

“We know, without any doubt, that the turnout of the recent election for a National Constituent Assembly was manipulated,” the company, Smartmatic, said in a statement.
I see no problem with these people overthrowing their government.

I love being in Houston where there are so many Venezuelans celebrating this amazing move.

Good bye to the bus driver.

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If it’s what the people want (which it is) I have no problem if we back it (which we are).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/world/americas/venezuela-election-turnout.amp.html

When the company that supplied the voting machines says that the votes were manipulated, you know that the votes were manipulated.

I see no problem with these people overthrowing their government.
"I will double-down on my hypocritical opinion, then post an article written 9 months before the election in discussion because extremely coup things"

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I’m glad somebody is stepping up for Venezuela l, because Maduro sure as shirt wasn’t.
I wish Maduro or someone would speak up for us.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you just make that up?

https://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/13831

Several international reports on the fairness of the election:
Voting turnout in the US was 58%, and we didn't have a world superpower encouraging people not to vote.
A couple of things:
First, that site. I guess you really had to dig for that one. You probably want to find a better site for information. I do, however, find it rather funny that you linked an opinion piece by a writer who signs his work "Jorge Martin - in Defence [sic] of Marxism".

What the White House is doing is going along with many of our OAS allies - amazingly enough, but that's for another thread - in denouncing the fraudulent nature of Maduro's presidential election. These allies are also part of the Lima Group (think of it as subset of the OAS), who first took action against what is perceived as a fraudulent election. The U.S. are actually late to the party, which is good, though: no one in Ibero-America wants to hear the U.S., on their own, are backing someone who declares themselves president South of the border.

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
A couple of things:
First, that site. I guess you really had to dig for that one. You probably want to find a better site for information. I do, however, find it rather funny that you linked an opinion piece by a writer who signs his work "Jorge Martin - in Defence [sic] of Marxism".

What the White House is doing is going along with many of our OAS allies - amazingly enough, but that's for another thread - in denouncing the fraudulent nature of Maduro's presidential election. These allies are also part of the Lima Group (think of it as subset of the OAS), who first took action against what is perceived as a fraudulent election. The U.S. are actually late to the party, which is good, though: no one in Ibero-America wants to hear the U.S., on their own, are backing someone who declares themselves president South of the border.
The statistic he used is universally accepted as correct, which is why I quoted that specific excerpt. I found it in several places, including right-wing sources.

Because someone openly reveals their cause of defending Marxism doesn’t disqualify them or their opinion from anything. In fact, it helps you understand where his bias lies, so you should read his opinion based on that.

I know the source, and it’s Pro-Bolivarian. I find it funny you cherry-picked that information, but you ignored the article that cited several independent groups with members from all over the world that we’re invited to closely monitor the elections. Of course I dug deep for sources, that’s how you find out good information. Is the alternative not to dig deep and rely on surface level material? I don’t understand.

There’s much debate over how free the elections were, and there are legitimate points on both sides; however, it was an election that nearly half the country participated in, and Maduro won 67% of the vote. The US, or any other country for that matter, has no right to impose in their internal affairs because it didn’t come out how they wanted it. End of story. There are worse authoritarian governments that don’t have elections at all that we support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom