Venezuela election controversy discussion (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"What are we discussing?" says the guy telling everyone how to discuss.
I am not telling anyone how to discuss, just stick to the topic at hand.

Lol my god. You gave yourself away with this one, man. You might've just ripped a hole in the universe.
There are a lot of words that come to mind to describe the absurdity of this statement, but none of them are allowed here.
And none of those words are an appropriate counter argument, are they?

You want people to take your word and that's fine, but I think I've adequately countered every "argument" you've put forward with sources for curious people to decide on their own. K, bye.
No, you have not. Bye.

For everyone else, I've attached the 3 reports, that were also attached to the article from "Breitbart" (LOL), issued by the independent organizations that were on the ground monitoring the 2018 presidential election. I urge you to read them yourself.
Africa and the Caribbean... ok. May as well have FIFA monitoring that shirt.

I further urge everyone reading this to look into the roles John Bolton and Elliot Abrams are playing, then also look at their past involvement in US intervention. They are dangerous and truly murderous individuals. A possible starting point is Abrams' role in the uncontroversial case of Rios Montt, who was convicted of genocide in 2013.
The U.S. exploits in Central America are well known. Well, maybe not in the U.S.

TulsaSaint

Sem medo de ser feliz
Reaction score
This article hits the nail squarely on the head:

A negotiated solution is necessary to resolve the political conflict in Venezuela, yet the Trump administration’s commitment to extralegal regime change is rapidly precluding this option. Worse still, Trump’s apparent strategy is to increase suffering through sanctions — more of which were just announced — until a fraction of the military carries out a coup to create a new, pro-Washington government.

The fairness of the 2018 presidential election, which the opposition boycotted, is up for debate, but the main problems with the regime change strategy have to do with other considerations. Venezuela is a polarized country and overthrowing the government — even if Washington were not involved in the fight — would only increase this polarization and the chances of greater violence or even civil war.

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/02/venezuela-us-trump-sanctions/?fbclid=IwAR0ePPON10wxNqV_eXmFV_E5jno-XDfVhAGJ-qiguKC5D5NMcVJmRKT0q0Y

farfromsilent

Rookie
Reaction score
I am not telling anyone how to discuss, just stick to the topic at hand.

And none of those words are an appropriate counter argument, are they?

No, you have not. Bye.

Africa and the Caribbean... ok. May as well have FIFA monitoring that shirt.

The U.S. exploits in Central America are well known. Well, maybe not in the U.S.
You and I might not agree very often, but man your responses are fun to read.

OP
OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I listened to this podcast on the way into work this morning, and it paints a more accurate picture than the Adam H Johnson tweet that he shot out from his mom’s basement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/podcasts/the-daily/venezuela-food-aid-maduro-guaido.html

Has the US intervened in Latin American elections before? Yes, there is no doubt of that. Was Chávez elected President in 1998? Yes. Did Chávez begin sliding more to the left, and Maduro took that ball and ran it to Hell? Yes. Is the situation in Venezuela a trash heap of epic proportions? Yes. Is a fraud government run by Maduro going to get them out of this mess? Fuget abou it.

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Good to see business as usual with D.C.'s two resident psychopaths running point in Venezuela. Bolton and Abrams.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
....Unless they use that privilege to vote in a guy we don't like again like Chavez.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Before anyone gets bent out of shape over tweets and notepad stunts on TV, there is a lot going on right now in and around Venezuela, some concerning, like threats from Maduro loyalists to high ranking military and their families; some downright silly, like competing music festivals at the Colombia-Venezuela border; some that make you shake your head, like Maduro promising humanitarian aid to a Colombian town when his own people don't have enough to eat, or Maduro being offended by the U.S. sending humanitarian aid for the people of Venezuela, saying they are not beggars, yet thanking Russia for their aid...

While it is not the optimal situation, extorting the Venezuelan military to turn against Maduro and support the interim government isn't the worst plan of action, being through a veiled threat or just a simple fact if Venezuela continues on the same path.

OP
OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I lived on that San Antonio boarder (the boarder of Venezuela and Colombia). I would love to be there when those dueling concerts happen.

The concert will be great in getting humanitarian aid to Venezuela, and shine a light on just how hapless that clown Maduro is.

simeon58

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Red Cross, UN Slam Denounce Use of ‘Politicized’ Humanitarian Aid to Venezuela
“We will not be participating in what is, for us, not humanitarian aid,” stated Colombia’s International Red Cross (ICRC) spokesperson, Christoph Harnisch.
Additional source:
U.N. warns against politicizing humanitarian aid in Venezuela

Western Media Fall in Lockstep for Cheap Trump/Rubio Venezuela Aid PR Stunt
It’s not that Maduro is vaguely paranoid the US, in general, would dust off its 1980s’ Contra-backing Cold War playbook, or some unspecified assumption about a higher-up or two at State. It’s literally the exact same person in charge of the operation who we know—with 100 percent certainty, because he admitted to it—has a history of using aid convoys as a cover to smuggle in arms to right-wing militias.

It’s all playing out right now, in real time. The same actors, the same tricks, the same patently disingenuous concern for the starving poor. And the US media is stripping it of all this essential context, presenting these radical regime-change operators as bleeding heart humanitarians.

How a bridge between Colombia and Venezuela became part of a propaganda fight

The Tienditas Bridge has never been opened. The picture circulated was a fraud.

The fences were already there, as were the concrete blocks. All that Maduro's forces added last week were the shipping containers and tanker trailer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom