Vernon Gholston Sedrick Ellis (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Gholston Is a beast just saw it on NFL Live he benched the 225 37 times tied jake long for the most benches. Not sure exactly what he ran but it was impressive

They said Ellis was kinda a disappointment expect his bench press does any one have the numbers?

Sedrick Ellis put up 225 34 times and ran a 5.24 40 yd dash

Gholston ran a 4.64 and 37 reps like ya said

Yes ellis is a huge disappointment

not top 10 worthy IMO

Im saying it right Now Bust!!!!

Hopes other teams are reading this....

They said Ellis was kinda a disappointment expect his bench press does any one have the numbers?

NFL.com reported him as doing 34 reps

Also I saw this on him from roto world

Sedrick Ellis ran an unofficial 5.24 forty at the NFL Scouting Combine. The NFL Network said that Ellis put on some pounds since the Senior Bowl. While a forty time isn't a huge indicator for a defensive lineman, any work ethic questions won't help him.

Man as long as these reports continue to come out I am going to hold out hope that either Ellis or Dorsey fall to us at number 10. Follow that up with one of the many candidates for LB in the second round and are middle on D could be a lot better heading into next season.

Skip, I agree. He isn't worth anyone taking him in the top ten. For that matter I can't see him in any NFL uniform prior to the 10 spot.

I'd still take Ellis in a heartbeat at 10, I think 34 reps is plenty fine... he has been seen and documented doing 40 plus reps of 225 (I believe it was 47 to be exact) I know he has the strength. I expected a faster 40 time, but I was expecting maybe a 4.9 tops. I knew he wasn't gonna post a 4.6 or anything like that, if you did your crazy. And he looked great in all the other drills I saw him do, he played alot quicker in those drills and thats what I was looking for... I don;t really want my DT running 40 yds to often. I don't think much changes in his stock... he is top 10 talent still, I would take him still in a heart beat.

Anyone wanna bet that Gholston gets picked before Long, and that either Ellis or Dorsey will fall to #10... and we won't pick the one that falls?

Stuff like that happens every year...

Anyone wanna bet that Gholston gets picked before Long, and that either Ellis or Dorsey will fall to #10... and we won't pick the one that falls?

Stuff like that happens every year...

Unfortunately, I concur.

Chris Long did too well today for Gholston to rise above him in my opinion, both did very well today.

I hope that this causes Ellis to fall, but he probally won't.

Just because the kid ran an "AVERAGE" 40 time for a D-lineman, he's dropped out of the top 10. Some of guys are calling him a bust before the kid even hits the field??? Do you guys even watch football? When on earth does it really matter how fast a DT's 40 time is. The man broke off 34 reps...and that's not good enough for you?

If you ask me, I hope this does make his stock drop so we could easily nab him up at 10. Some people are so hung up over numbers it's crazy. The funny thing is, his numbers arent bad at all. It's REAL LIFE FOOTBALL, not Madden. Guys arent always going to be supermen.

I'm pretty sure Skip's post was... what's the phrase... a 'smoke screen'. I don't think anyone here would hesitate to pull the trigger on Ellis if he was still there at #10 regardless of his 40 time. You can't quantify a playmaker like that with drills at a Combine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom