Vernon Gholston! (1 Viewer)

that clip has him going through jake long who will also be going in the top 10

he is going to be a impact player. but he is not what we need. we have smith and grant. and we dont run the 3-4 def.

You could move Grant inside and let Gholston play on the outside....I really like the guy. He can get after the QB too.

At best Gholston could play RE but not LE he is to small for the scheme we run. Grant was hobbled last season lets give him another chance to get to the QB

He didn't look that good against Carnell Stewart! Not sure if his name was even called once.

I tried to find a video of his best plays for the game:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJAOY9iLsno&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJAOY9iLsno&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He didn't look that good against Carnell Stewart! Not sure if his name was even called once.

I tried to find a video of his best plays for the game:

Did you even watch the clip you posted? He looked great in that game. By far and away the most dominant OSU defensive player on the field.

Did you even watch the clip you posted? He looked great in that game. By far and away the most dominant OSU defensive player on the field.

There was about 7 plays that he looked good in against Stewart who isn't the best. Stewart isn't even ranked in the top 25 OT in the draft! http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/ot.html

I was just trying to find out how good he was in the game and in those plays he looks good, but that was his best in the game!

Didn't Laurinitus have like 15 tackles in the game? I thought their best player was the kicker, honestly.

I was at the game and I dont even remember Gholston's name being called. He is good and all, but not the beast that some think... Just my opinion...

Didn't Laurinitus have like 15 tackles in the game? I thought their best player was the kicker, honestly.

I was at the game and I dont even remember Gholston's name being called. He is good and all, but not the beast that some think... Just my opinion...

Laurinitus did a really good job tackling Jacob Hester 6 yards past the LOS. I don't know how much credit you actually get for that.

You should actually watch games instead of waiting for the PA to announce a player's name. Gholston was outstanding. Flynn and Crowton did a very good job taking Gholston out of the game but Gholston is clearly a very, very talented edge rusher.

I watched the game again last night and focused on Gholston this time(thinking he might be there around the 10th pick). He did nothing against LSU and I mean nothing. I know this is only one game. I hope he does not turn out to be another Alonzo Spellman. To quote Hokie....."Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom