Vernon Gholston! (2 Viewers)

I watched the game again last night and focused on Gholston this time(thinking he might be there around the 10th pick). He did nothing against LSU and I mean nothing. I know this is only one game. I hope he does not turn out to be another Alonzo Spellman. To quote Hokie....."Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

Unbelievable. Didn't see the same game I saw.

I watched the game again last night and focused on Gholston this time(thinking he might be there around the 10th pick). He did nothing against LSU and I mean nothing. I know this is only one game. I hope he does not turn out to be another Alonzo Spellman. To quote Hokie....."Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

Thanks... I have watched a couple of times too, and you are right it is just 1 game. He was a non factor in the game against a below average OT. Gholston might be great he was not in that 1 game!

Laurinitus did a really good job tackling Jacob Hester 6 yards past the LOS. I don't know how much credit you actually get for that.

You should actually watch games instead of waiting for the PA to announce a player's name. Gholston was outstanding. Flynn and Crowton did a very good job taking Gholston out of the game but Gholston is clearly a very, very talented edge rusher.

I am not saying that the hilite tape produced by Ohio State did not show him off in his 7 good plays, cause he looked good in those. But you really need to consider that he was going up against LSU's worst tackle ( a converted D lineman), and had a quiet day.

I am not saying that the hilite tape produced by Ohio State did not show him off in his 7 good plays, cause he looked good in those. But you really need to consider that he was going up against LSU's worst tackle ( a converted D lineman), and had a quiet day.

I watched the game, not the "highlight" tape. Gholston consistently dominated Stewart. LSU specifically gameplanned to neutralize him with very quick drop backs and quick throws whenever they let Stewart man up on Gholston. LSU themselves knew going in Stewart would get beat like a drum.

Is Stewart very good? No. But Gholston did precisely what a Top 10 pick should do to a medicore college tackle.

This "I never heard his name called" business is BS. That's like saying Dwight Freeney stunk last year because he only had 5 sacks. A lot of LSU's game plan centered around getting the ball out of Flynn's hands before Gholston could get back there, rolling away, chipping him with multiple blockers, etc. Anytime you see a team devout that much attention to one player, he's very, very good. LSU recognized it.

Gholston looked exactly like he was, a tremendous edge rusher.

I thought it looked like OSU had Gholston playing a lot of containment....plus didn't LSU do alot of their damage away from him?!

I would draft Gholston. I think both Smith and Grant are continuously playing 15-20 pounds overweight. I would not have resigned Grant, but because we did I would not sign Smith. We do not need two overweight run defensing DEs.

He would definitely make my All-Hot list :hearthrob: :exocet:

VernonGholston.jpg

Knights of Columbus he's a freakin beast. Any1 have Sean Payton's #? I need him to know about this guy, he could really make a difference for us. Hopefully I can find some more of his highlights.

biggest arms?? i remeber Willie Whitehead having the largest arms i have every seen...his arms were exceptionally large about 3 or 4 years ago....Alonzo Spellman of the bears also kept it real in the gym...he had around 4% body fat on a 280+ lb frame..i look skinny...(similar to andre carter)

Spam, your exactly right about Gholston against LSU.
A ton of LSU fans (which I am one), kept saying how Stewart dominated Gholston or that Gholston was overrated.
Every pass play I saw, Gholston destroyed Stewart. But, Crowton is a smart coach. So he simply threw alot of quick timing type passes to avoid Gholston's side or they simply moved the pocket away from Gholston.

I think VG, K.Rivers, or S.Ellis would be awesome additions to our D.

Is it just me or do Gholston's forearms reek of steroids?

Nobody's forearms are that big without help, right? The rest of it, okay, he's stacked. But the forearms? They look fishy...

Anybody with steroid experience want to chime in?

Is it just me or do Gholston's forearms reek of steroids?

Nobody's forearms are that big without help, right? The rest of it, okay, he's stacked. But the forearms? They look fishy...

Anybody with steroid experience want to chime in?

Simply genetics..........and alot of hard word in the gym.

Mario Williams.

That didn't turn out too bad did it?

Are you kidding?

So you're saying that Houston picked Mario Williams because of his arms?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

You are trying to compare the Texans picking Mario Williams to the OP wanting to draft Gholston because of his arms - that doesn't make sense.

Try to keep up with the conversation..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom