Very disappointed in Saints draft so far (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Needless to say, with all the talk and hype that has gone into this year's draft I am left unimpressed with what the Saints have done so far. In my opinion there were so many other solid players the Saints could have went with the 28th pick in the fisrst round. And they go Peyton Turner??? The guy's tape is impressive but he seems like a carbon copy on Marcus Davenport. At least they didn't trade up to get him and I hope Turner works out but I have my doubts. Then the 2nd pick...Pete Werner...I'm not saying it was an awful pick but I would've went in another direction. The 3rd pick is actually one I do like out of them all..Paulson Adebo...I think he can prove to be a strong player when it's all said and done. Ian Book??? that's a meh pick for me...why go QB there when you have more pressing needs at WR? We always say in Loomis we trust but so far I may need to be reminded of that more often.

mtq79

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I trust the front office more than any "draft expert" and way more than I trust myself.... But I haven't been as excited as I am about a draft pick, Pete Werner, since we drafted Reggie way back on 2006.
Sincerely,
M. Werner (no relation but can't wait to buy the jersey)

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The need at WR is overstated among the fanbase. We have a top 3 WR on the team. Most teams don't have that. After him, we have two guys that are #3 WR level currently, but at least one of them has the chance to step into a 600-700 yard receiver at the #2 spot. We also have Harris, who is a wildcard and was really becoming a big WR threat. Oh, and a RB who's the best in the league at lining up wide.

We aren't great at WR, but it's not a glaring hole.

I tend to agree with this....that said I thought a player like Terrace Marshall could have helped there but I'm actually happy we went all D with the early picks because you know Jeff Ireland had a huge say in them....and we may still get an impact WR late or in UDFA, they seem to be the position that affords those opportunities more than others....

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Me too, but I was disappointed when they drafted Alvin Kamara. Hopefully, I will be wrong as usual.
I was upset when we drafted Deuce. Believe that? I was like all those picks we gave up for Ricky and we're drafting another HB? Deuce became my favorite Saints' player until Drew came along.

MJ in Calif

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think far too many people here today are reading too many mock drafts and getting their hopes up so to speak. You have to factor in that the Saints have won 4 straight divisional titles and had good records finishing the past 4 seasons, which means they are picking late. The high profile players are usually gone by then. Thats how it is designed to work. There is logic to every one of these picks. All the mock drafts by pseudo experts create an illusion in many that this particular team needs to target this or that particular player without understanding the nuances with respect to value, contributions, improvement, versus straight needs. Time will tell so sit back, watch, and see what happens.

SteveNBFD

Rookie
Reaction score
I’m hoping for another CB. I think that’s more pressing than a WR

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Needless to say, with all the talk and hype that has gone into this year's draft I am left unimpressed with what the Saints have done so far. In my opinion there were so many other solid players the Saints could have went with the 28th pick in the fisrst round. And they go Peyton Turner??? The guy's tape is impressive but he seems like a carbon copy on Marcus Davenport. At least they didn't trade up to get him and I hope Turner works out but I have my doubts. Then the 2nd pick...Pete Werner...I'm not saying it was an awful pick but I would've went in another direction. The 3rd pick is actually one I do like out of them all..Paulson Adebo...I think he can prove to be a strong player when it's all said and done. Ian Book??? that's a meh pick for me...why go QB there when you have more pressing needs at WR? We always say in Loomis we trust but so far I may need to be reminded of that more often.
Just curious what you do for a living. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but unless you have a crystal ball that you can see into the future, we have no way of knowing how this draft will turn out next year, two years, four years from now.

You might be a college player analyst and would have much more input and knowledge than the rest of us, but until we see these players play and develop over the next couple of years, there is no reason to be unimpressed with the draft. Even the guys that get paid millions of dollars to analyze these players get it wrong. Sure bet players are often duds and vice versa. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Mel Kiper had him projected as a 4th rounder.

Let's hope that the Saint's staff knows a ton more than us arm chair QB's know and that our picks all turn out to be studs. Saints have the most wins in the NFL over the last 3 years, so they must be doing something right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread