Very disappointed in Saints draft so far (1 Viewer)

I trust the front office more than any "draft expert" and way more than I trust myself.... But I haven't been as excited as I am about a draft pick, Pete Werner, since we drafted Reggie way back on 2006.
Sincerely,
M. Werner (no relation but can't wait to buy the jersey)

The need at WR is overstated among the fanbase. We have a top 3 WR on the team. Most teams don't have that. After him, we have two guys that are #3 WR level currently, but at least one of them has the chance to step into a 600-700 yard receiver at the #2 spot. We also have Harris, who is a wildcard and was really becoming a big WR threat. Oh, and a RB who's the best in the league at lining up wide.

We aren't great at WR, but it's not a glaring hole.

I tend to agree with this....that said I thought a player like Terrace Marshall could have helped there but I'm actually happy we went all D with the early picks because you know Jeff Ireland had a huge say in them....and we may still get an impact WR late or in UDFA, they seem to be the position that affords those opportunities more than others....

Me too, but I was disappointed when they drafted Alvin Kamara. Hopefully, I will be wrong as usual.
I was upset when we drafted Deuce. Believe that? I was like all those picks we gave up for Ricky and we're drafting another HB? Deuce became my favorite Saints' player until Drew came along.

I think far too many people here today are reading too many mock drafts and getting their hopes up so to speak. You have to factor in that the Saints have won 4 straight divisional titles and had good records finishing the past 4 seasons, which means they are picking late. The high profile players are usually gone by then. Thats how it is designed to work. There is logic to every one of these picks. All the mock drafts by pseudo experts create an illusion in many that this particular team needs to target this or that particular player without understanding the nuances with respect to value, contributions, improvement, versus straight needs. Time will tell so sit back, watch, and see what happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom