Very Early Final 53 take... (1 Viewer)

draftfreak

Dreamer of Dreams
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I like this team, especially when Rankins comes back. Our depth at DT is not great 'til that happens though. I think DT is our weakest spot. If this happens, we'll also be very young at WR. But Grayson seems to be a great little slot whom I like better than Carr, but Carr could replace Grayson.

Offense: 25
QB: Brees, Bridgewater, Hill
RB: Kamara, Murray, Washington, Ozigbo
FB: Line
TE: Cook, Hill, Derby, Arnold
WR: Thomas, Ginn, Smith, Butler, Grayson
LT: Armstead, Ola
LG: Peat, Easton
C: McCoy, Tom
RG: Warford
RT: Ramczyk

Defense: 25
DE: Jordan, Davenport, Hendrickson, Horton
DT: Brown, Onyemata, Stallworth, Williams, Edwards
LB: Anzelone, Klein, Davis, Robertson, Biegel
SS: Bell, Gardner-Johnson
FS: Williams, Banjo, Hampton
CB: Lattimore, Apple, Robinson, Webster, Hardee, Sherels

Special Teams: 3
LS: Wood
P: Morstead
K: Lutz

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
Butler's injury is making him a really long shot to make the team now.
Don't know about that one.

According to the reports I've read, Butler came back to practice at full strength and is still catching everything in sight.

This young gun isn't a long shot anymore.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Really hoping to see a lot of our starting defense in game 3.
PRob looked absolutely horrible, even against 3rd-4th stringers, but he was being asked to play outside which is out of position for him.
Williams earned his slot role last season and has been running with the 1's in practice at slot corner. If PRob doesn't show something soon, I feel like he'll be cut again.

Ideally you'd want to keep both PRob and PJ so that you could have depth at slot corner and also have PRob be able to play outside in a pinch. With seeing him not be able to cover anyone on the outside, they will have to make different plans.

xDREWDATX

Rookie
Reaction score
I noticed webster playing outside last night. I thought he was slot. I'm guessing him and Hardee are Crawley's competition.
PJ's been getting all the 1's reps in camp so far. Not that that can't change, it's just that I expected him to slide back to the #2 spot and have to battle his way back to #1. Instead that's on the vet PRob.
The deal with PJ is he HAS to be in the slot. He is a liability on the outside, and with PRobs injury last year, I think PJ is almost guaranteed a spot because we are not deep at the nickel. If something happens to Robinson again, we can't move anyone else. I like our secondary but outside of Shon, Eli and PRob, we don't have much at the corner position. I personally don't have a ton of faith in PJ, but he's clearly better in the slot than the outside, and it's not even close.

Long story short. No one can get hurt lol

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
The deal with PJ is he HAS to be in the slot. He is a liability on the outside, and with PRobs injury last year, I think PJ is almost guaranteed a spot because we are not deep at the nickel. If something happens to Robinson again, we can't move anyone else. I like our secondary but outside of Shon, Eli and PRob, we don't have much at the corner position. I personally don't have a ton of faith in PJ, but he's clearly better in the slot than the outside, and it's not even close.

Long story short. No one can get hurt lol
To be fair, PJ only had one bad game last season on the boundary. And it was a "half" of a game.

Last year vs atlanta, the coaches benched Crawley who'd been getting absolutely destroyed the first 2 weeks of the season. And PJ got the start. Calvin Ridley ate his lunch. After half-time, the coaches gave Crawley his job back. A few plays later, PRob got hurt and PJ took his spot in the slot, where he did well... even when the atlanta team was able to get Ridley matched up on him.

Ridley had a career day, however, because in the 2nd half of that game, he torched Crawley like he'd torched PJ in the first half.

In 2017 PJ was a starting outside corner to begin the season. He got in trouble with SP while the team was in England, and got benched. During that season, he started several games while Crawley and Lattimore were out with injury. He did well in those starts. He eventually made his way back onto the field as a slot-corner after Vaccaro got hurt.

He did a passable job in the slot in 2017... and actually did very good for most of the 2018 season. I agree that he was atrocious on the outside during that ATL game, but I don't recall any other time he really looked bad on the boundary.

Innominate

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know coach likes a full back would it be horrible to have Hill pull fb duties when needed to open up the roster spot for depth or talent at another position? Is he just too big a body for fb?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom