Very Early Final 53 take... (1 Viewer)

Offense (25):

QB: Brees, Teddy, Taysom
RB: Kamara, Murray, Washington
FB: Line
WR: Thomas, Ginn, Smith, Butler, Grayson, Harris(KR/PR)
TE: Cook, Hill, Arnold, Mack
LT: Armstead
LG: Peat, Easton
C: McCoy, Tom
RG: Warford, Clapp
RT: Ramczyk

Defense (25):

DE: Cam, Edwards
DT: Onyemata, Williams
DT: Brown, Stallworth
DE: Davenport, Hendrickson
SAM: Klein, Elliss
MIKE: Anzalone, Biegel
WILL: Davis, Robertson
CB: Lattimore,
FS: Marcus, CGJ, Hampton
SS: Bell, Banjo, Gray
CB: Apple, Crawley
NB: PJ, PRob

Special teams (3):

K: Lutz
P: Morestead
LS: Wood

I think we may just go with 3 backs since Taysom is almost like having a 4th one. If we do keep 4 than Ozigbo would likely be that 4ty back. Depending on how Mack looks I think we may go with 4 tight ends. Right now I would likely add a tackle and go with just 3 tight ends. What tackle? Who knows? I think those receivers will likely be the 6 that make the team. Guys like Kirkwood, Cobbs, Carr, & Humphrey may have more to say though. I think Grayson likely makes it due to his speed and his play the other night. Think that is why Mathews was cut. If Butler is as good as they been saying I think he takes Kirkwood’s spot. I think we would likely keep a tackle over 3 interior backup o-Line man, but I think Easton, Tom, & Clapp are our best backups right now and I think we keep 3.

I don’t really see Edwards as a defensive end with the way he looked size wise the other night, but we really don’t have anyone else to fit that role right now. I just went with Williams at DT. The D-Line is likely far from set. Right now I think those LBs make it. I would like to see Porter Gustin make it over Vince Biegel, but right now I got Biegel on the team. Right now I’m going with 6 safeties cause JT Gray is just too good on special teams. Plus CGJ will likely play some nickel corner as well. Not sure if Crawley makes he team as the 5th corner, but I give him the edge as of now. I could see Hardee or Webster make it over him. I don’t have Sherels making the team with the way Harris looked returning the ball the other night. The 3 special teams spots are locked up.

Last edited:
I like this team, especially when Rankins comes back. Our depth at DT is not great 'til that happens though. I think DT is our weakest spot. If this happens, we'll also be very young at WR. But Grayson seems to be a great little slot whom I like better than Carr, but Carr could replace Grayson.

Offense: 25
QB: Brees, Bridgewater, Hill
RB: Kamara, Murray, Washington, Ozigbo
TE: Cook, Hill, Derby, Arnold
WR: Thomas, Ginn, Smith, Butler, Grayson
LT: Armstead, Ola
RG: Warford

Defense: 25
DE: Jordan, Davenport, Hendrickson, Horton
DT: Brown, Onyemata, Stallworth, Williams, Edwards
LB: Anzelone, Klein, Davis, Robertson, Biegel
SS: Bell, Gardner-Johnson
FS: Williams, Banjo, Hampton
CB: Lattimore, Apple, Robinson, Webster, Hardee, Sherels

Special Teams: 3
P: Morstead

Interesting you left Kirkwood off the final 53.

It could happen but probably not likely. He shown a lot of potential last year.

They would probably keep Kirkwood and stash Grayson on the PS

Also I could see Deonte Harris making the team as Return man. Which could possibly make Sherals a Casualty.

You take the young stud who has a higher ceiling.

Who knows they also could stash him on the practice squad as well. It depends on how effective Sherals is this preseason as a returner/Corner

Offense: 25
QB: Brees, Bridgewater, Hill
RB: Kamara, Murray, Ozigbo
TE: Cook, Hill, Arnold
WR: Thomas, Ginn, Smith, Kirkwood, Butler, Grayson, Harris
LT: Armstead, Ola
RG: Warford

Defense: 25
DE: Jordan, Davenport, Hendrickson, Gustin
DT: Brown, Onyemata, Stallworth, Edwards
LB: Anzalone, Davis, Klein, Robertson, Biegel
SS: Bell, Gardner-Johnson
FS: Williams, Hampton, Banjo
CB: Lattimore, Apple, Robinson, Williams, Webster, Hardee, Sherels

Special Teams: 3
P: Morstead

I'd love to swap out Arnold for Mack, but have no idea how long Mack will be out.

Butler's injury is making him a really long shot to make the team now.

Don't know about that one.

According to the reports I've read, Butler came back to practice at full strength and is still catching everything in sight.

This young gun isn't a long shot anymore.

Really hoping to see a lot of our starting defense in game 3.
PRob looked absolutely horrible, even against 3rd-4th stringers, but he was being asked to play outside which is out of position for him.
Williams earned his slot role last season and has been running with the 1's in practice at slot corner. If PRob doesn't show something soon, I feel like he'll be cut again.

Ideally you'd want to keep both PRob and PJ so that you could have depth at slot corner and also have PRob be able to play outside in a pinch. With seeing him not be able to cover anyone on the outside, they will have to make different plans.

I noticed webster playing outside last night. I thought he was slot. I'm guessing him and Hardee are Crawley's competition.
PJ's been getting all the 1's reps in camp so far. Not that that can't change, it's just that I expected him to slide back to the #2 spot and have to battle his way back to #1. Instead that's on the vet PRob.
The deal with PJ is he HAS to be in the slot. He is a liability on the outside, and with PRobs injury last year, I think PJ is almost guaranteed a spot because we are not deep at the nickel. If something happens to Robinson again, we can't move anyone else. I like our secondary but outside of Shon, Eli and PRob, we don't have much at the corner position. I personally don't have a ton of faith in PJ, but he's clearly better in the slot than the outside, and it's not even close.

Long story short. No one can get hurt lol

The deal with PJ is he HAS to be in the slot. He is a liability on the outside, and with PRobs injury last year, I think PJ is almost guaranteed a spot because we are not deep at the nickel. If something happens to Robinson again, we can't move anyone else. I like our secondary but outside of Shon, Eli and PRob, we don't have much at the corner position. I personally don't have a ton of faith in PJ, but he's clearly better in the slot than the outside, and it's not even close.

Long story short. No one can get hurt lol

To be fair, PJ only had one bad game last season on the boundary. And it was a "half" of a game.

Last year vs atlanta, the coaches benched Crawley who'd been getting absolutely destroyed the first 2 weeks of the season. And PJ got the start. Calvin Ridley ate his lunch. After half-time, the coaches gave Crawley his job back. A few plays later, PRob got hurt and PJ took his spot in the slot, where he did well... even when the atlanta team was able to get Ridley matched up on him.

Ridley had a career day, however, because in the 2nd half of that game, he torched Crawley like he'd torched PJ in the first half.

In 2017 PJ was a starting outside corner to begin the season. He got in trouble with SP while the team was in England, and got benched. During that season, he started several games while Crawley and Lattimore were out with injury. He did well in those starts. He eventually made his way back onto the field as a slot-corner after Vaccaro got hurt.

He did a passable job in the slot in 2017... and actually did very good for most of the 2018 season. I agree that he was atrocious on the outside during that ATL game, but I don't recall any other time he really looked bad on the boundary.

I know coach likes a full back would it be horrible to have Hill pull fb duties when needed to open up the roster spot for depth or talent at another position? Is he just too big a body for fb?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom