Very impressive performance - congrats on the win (1 Viewer)

No I agree that it wasn't the intent of your post, it definately was part of the justification of losing. I think you did give credit to Payton, which is very classy, my main beef is that EVERYONE in the media is coming down hard on the Philiy 2ndary like they are the reason Brees put up 3TDs. I think it's more of a credit to our OFF then a knock on your DEF. I think your DEF will be fine.

Our Secondary DID play bad.

Now that's not saying they were the reason for the loss. It's just stating a fact.

Brees is a great QB, so I expected him to make great throws. I also expected our D to make more plays than they did. Part of that was Brees, part of it was just plain bad D. Not every team plays their best each and every week. Bad games happen.

I woldn't say I'm in any way justifying the loss - I predicted a loss.

Stay classy McMVP. I enjoyed talking football with you this week (and some light ribbing as well). Good luck the rest of the way unless we meet in January.

teams/fans/people around the league are starting to notice how good the saints actually are......you will see a lot of front runners this year jumping on our team....the real tough choice will be to accept the front runners as our own or kick them to the side for not believing the whole time

Brees did what I knew he could....and our D did not play as well as I thought they would. Add in a QB getting his first start, a couple INTs, and a ST fumble and the result becomes obvious.

Payton is an awsome playcaller. Perhaps the best in the game. I'd take him over any player you have - and I'd put Reid out on my Curb on Thursday (which is my garbage day). I hate the wildcat stuff - at least that much use of it. I guess one could say Reid used it more because he had his backup QB in there, but I don't buy it. Once Vick is back it will be used even more often..and an inconsistent offense will be the result.

Anyway - congrats on the win. I'd like to say we'll see you again down the road, but I can't say that I'm confident in that.

We don't call him Breesus for nothing. Just because he picked your D apart doesn't mean they played poorly.

We don't call him Breesus for nothing. Just because he picked your D apart doesn't mean they played poorly.

I think some fans must realize that Brees can make a good secondary look bad because he is THAT accurate. I mean com'on... that 2nd TD pass to Colston, it wasn't even bad coverage.

Classy post however. If you want to say what part of the team played poorly, it was definitely the special teams.

Our Secondary DID play bad.

Now that's not saying they were the reason for the loss. It's just stating a fact.

Brees is a great QB, so I expected him to make great throws. I also expected our D to make more plays than they did. Part of that was Brees, part of it was just plain bad D. Not every team plays their best each and every week. Bad games happen.

I woldn't say I'm in any way justifying the loss - I predicted a loss.
Same here...I didn't feel good about this game the minute McNabb went down. Actually even in preseason, when you looked at the schedule, we knew we wouldn't be going into the bye at 3-0...there's no way we start out that hot. This game (and technically the Panthers game) was the one that stood out as a question mark.

Regarding our defense...was it the playcalling by McDermott or bad execution...or both? I didn't want to think that the 1st week was an anomaly for McDermott...I hope he's got enough JJ in him to keep our defense on top.

Regarding our defense...was it the playcalling by McDermott or bad execution...or both? I didn't want to think that the 1st week was an anomaly for McDermott...I hope he's got enough JJ in him to keep our defense on top.

I think it was the difference between Delhomme and Brees.

Thanks for your visit, eagles fans. I will only comment on the eagles game here.

Me, I don't like the wildcat. I think it takes less opportunities for the offense to get into rythm. I think Westbrook really don't need it. He is a superb player and better be used in the passing game the way Payton is using Reggie (which is weird to say, because I would love Reggie to develop into the player Westbrook is).

Jackson can be used also several ways, but keeping the tempo up. I don't know if Maklin is ready or not, but he needs to get there, and Selek is a great surprise, helping to compliment the receivers. I think you still need a big-powerful one.

For the defense, I think yesterday's game is a tough read. I am not going to put it in the coverage but in the lack of pressure. I do say that we were lucky on the Reggie pass at the end of the half. Stinchcomb should have been called. Besides that, I hope Cole played to his potential, because it that was the case, we have to be here very impressed with Bushrod, Stinchcomb and Strief.

Now go and kill a cowboy, and hoping we meet later....

Don't worry about your D.

Brees does that to a lot of great defenses.

Don't worry about your D.

Brees does that to a lot of great defenses.

I'll be worried if we played you guys again and the gameplan was similar. We relied on a 4-man rush too much. You need to blitz Brees - not all the time - but more than we did.

I know he's very good against the blitz, but that doesn't mean you don't try to disrupt the timing. And for God's sake, is there a new rule that says you aren't allowed to press the WRs? We played too far back. Same thing, if you press you can get burned - but you'll win at times too. You have to try disrupt an offense built on timing.

I'll be worried if we played you guys again and the gameplan was similar. We relied on a 4-man rush too much. You need to blitz Brees - not all the time - but more than we did.

I know he's very good against the blitz, but that doesn't mean you don't try to disrupt the timing. And for God's sake, is there a new rule that says you aren't allowed to press the WRs? We played too far back. Same thing, if you press you can get burned - but you'll win at times too. You have to try disrupt an offense built on timing.

The only way to really pressure Brees is up the middle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom